The Marsh

The door took Malachi to different places, a rift in time and space. He thinks that his father did this on purpose. It was many places each looking strange and weird. He was transported to different planets, solar systems and each freaked him out. He has never been away from his family, not even when he needed to do work. One of his brothers or sisters was always with him.

Each time he wanted to turn the doorknob to open it, it would transport him to a different time and place. He saw things that really freaked him out. He saw a scene that made him do a double take.

His brothers dead on the ground, his father's heart cut out and his mother's throat slit. When he closed his eyes, and opened it again, he was at a new place. He felt his legs give out from under him. His entire core shook. Why would someone want to do something like that?

He felt like that last scene was real, but when it did not change, he knew it was real. When he pushed open the door after getting up slowly, tripping over his own feet, he rushed into the room.

Checking to see if his family still alive, but none seem to be. His heart broke at that moment, even though he never got along with this father, he still loved the old man. Yes his brothers angered him and his sisters irritated him, but he still loved them all. He checked to see if the one person he needed is there, he was not.

He ran to their shared room, only to see that everything was thrown all around the romm. All of his stuff was boxed up. He saw the person who may have answers for him.

"Angelo, what happened in there?"

His voice was shaky, when Angelo did not answer him, he walked to him. Only so see that his beloved twin brother was dead. It seemed to him that Angelo killed all of them, then killed himself. All because he, Malachi was send away.

"What did you do brother? I would have returned eventually. I know that father would have brought me back. Why did you do it brother?"

The questions fell on deaf ears. He has never cried in his entire life, but now that streak is broken. Tears is streaming down his face, dripping on his twin. His beloved brother.

He slowly walked out of their room back to the hall where everyone was. He walked toward his father, touched his hand and felt the magic flow towards him.

When he snapped his own fingers, the golden door appeared again. This time, he was unsure where it would take him. Without looking back, he walked toward the door, opened it and stepped through. The scene he saw was not what he expected. It seemed that this place was the one that his father wanted him to be in. It seemed that Angelo was meddling in his punishment after all. Everyone knew that Malachi was the older of the two, yet the more sensitive of the two.

When the door closed shut behind him, it sealed up and shattered. He could never go back to his old life now. What ever he needs to do, it needs to be done here and now.

For hours he flew around, it was a small island. With a marsh section for most of it. It seems that there was an old hut. It also seems that there were also tools left behind. It seems that what ever happened here, people must have left in a hurry. For the next few hours, he fixed the roof and the door. Next, he worked on the walls and all the small things. At the end of the day, he had a roof over his head.

When he did further inspection he found canned food. And also a fishing rod. He took that and flew out of the house. Straight to the ocean. Hopefully it would not be so difficult for him to try and fish.

He just hoped that he would be able to catch something. Not that he would get hungry for the next few years. He could still hear his fathers threat. He would become human and eventually die as one. If he could not proof to his father that he repented on what he did.

Now he will never be able to do so. His father is dead and the curse could not be lifted. Not that he knew of anyway. When he came out of his own thoughts, he saw that he has a few weeks of fish next to him. Taking it with him, he flew back to his new home.

Unbeknown to him, there was someone wondering the marsh with him. Or rather inside the marsh. No one knows who is living inside the marsh, not that anyone could, but this person, or rather creature, can. The marsh is his home. It let it know that someone is living inside the hut, after a two hundred year imprisonment, it can finally be free. His poor house, he will never be able to live there alone again.

As it slowly walks out of the depths of the marsh, it saw a bright light landing at the hut. As the light faded, it saw that that the light looked human in a way, only with wings. What could be at it's hut?

"Evimde ne yapiyorsun?" {What are you doing at my home?}

Malachi was surprised to hear the language, he stared to where he heard it, when he turned around, he was surprised to see it was a man. But he seemed strange from what he know of humans.

"buraya sürgün edildim. cezam ölene kadar hayatımı burada yaşamak" {I was banished here. My punishment is to live my life out here till I die}

Malachi answered him back.

They stood staring at each other.