Shroud

Her body crouched in the corner of the room, hiding in the shadows. Her gaze went all around, trying to pinpoint the place where her body needed to move. The target was her last kill before she retires from this job.

Her entire outfit spoke volumes, yet it was classy. Her footfalls scraped the floor, although it was a masquerade ball. It felt like everyone could hear her move to where she needed to be.

Her outfit was perfect for this mission.

It did not attract too much attention, yet it was subtle. Her dance partner was unaware that someone in this very room was about to die.

He twirled her around and around.

Once her body was next to the target, her body did not react to her brain. The fan in her hand was the perfect weapon. All that needed was to swing out her arm in the dance move, open it and stab the target.

Her body finally obeyed her wishes on the final turn. The fan opened and grazed the target's arm. Nothing much happened after that, her partner swung her back towards him and they moved away. After the dance, she thanked her dance partner. As her body swayed in ballroom, smiling at some people and making small talk with some others, it hit her like a train.

Her entire body started to burn from the inside out. Her head swirled around trying to see who could have done this to her.

When her eyes travelled to her target, they got wider. There he stood not a scratch on him, smirking at her. His stride was confident and sure.

"Did you think you could pull a fast one on me? Think again, princess." That voice, how could it be? Her husband was her target. However, it seems that he also did not figure out who she was. So for now, she is safe.

With her feet dragging behind her because of the poison, her escape was not possible. Her closest choice was one of the attaché rooms. Once inside, she grabbed the pouch and injected herself with the antidote.

Everything burned on the inside, the pain so bad but for some reason, her moans could not escape her mouth.

Her body crouched against the wall yet again, locking up in places. Waiting for the turn, for the transformation. Finally, after a few minutes, her entire body covered. Black and gold. No one told her that her entire body would change to something new. Finally, she could blend it and no one would ever know what she is. She is finally shrouded in what she wants. Darkness.