𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6

* Revelations and Ripples: Next move *

DAMIEN RYDER

I approached my father's office, a place of intrigue and power, where every detail spoke of his authority. The door, solid oak, bore a subtle insignia, a symbol of our family's legacy. As I entered, the room enveloped me in a world of opulence and control. His desk, a masterpiece of craftsmanship, was cluttered with papers and trinkets, disguising the true nature of the man behind it.

"Seat down," my father's voice was calm, commanding. His left-hand man, a stoic figure, handed me a flight ticket to Dubai without a word. I took the ticket, my mind racing with questions. Why Dubai? What mission did my father have in store for me? But before I could voice my thoughts, my father spoke again.

"You'll need to postpone your master's program. I have a mission for you," his tone brooked no argument. I hesitated, weighing my options. Dubai was a tempting offer, a chance to explore a new world. Yet, something held me back, a sense of unease that I couldn't shake.

"I'm not going, do anything you want!" I declared, standing my ground. His bodyguards moved to intervene, but my father raised a hand, signaling them to stand down. I left his office, the weight of my decision heavy on my mind.

Back home, I headed straight to the swimming pool room. The warm water embraced me, calming my thoughts. The maids gathered, but I dismissed them, needing time alone to contemplate my next move. Underwater, I let my mind wander, trying to make sense of my father's request.

I realized my father wouldn't give up easily so I emerg partially from the water, extending my arm towards the edge of the pool where my phone lay. The cool water lapped gently against my skin as I stretched, my body still submerged from the waist down. With my hand just inches from the phone, I dialed Jacob's number, my father's right-hand man. Jacob had once been fiercely loyal to my father, until I intervened to save him from my father's execution. Since then, his loyalty had shifted to me.

"D4558 on the line," I said into the phone, using our secret code. Jacob's response, "914...404!" was hesitant, and he abruptly ended the call. I cursed under my breath, knowing that my father had likely detected his attempt to communicate with me. I felt helpless, knowing that my father would execute Jacob immediately.

As I tried to process the situation, a realization struck me. "Wait! 914..." I muttered to myself, deciphering Jacob's code. "It's a spy! There's a spy on me," I concluded, a sense of urgency driving me out of the pool to gather my thoughts.

I walked back to my room, the weight of the decision I'd made lingering in my mind. Closing the door behind me, I took a moment to gather my thoughts. Stripping out of my wet clothes, I changed into something dry, hoping the physical change would help clear my head.

With a renewed sense of clarity, I reached for my phone and dialed a familiar number. The call was answered almost immediately. "Your query boss!" came the familiar voice on the other end. "Send me the details of the girls living at 50 Berkhill Street. Their family background, pictures, and check for any signs of surveillance," I instructed.

"On it boss," the voice replied, and I ended the call. As I was about to place my phone back on the table, an email notification caught my attention. The details I had requested were already in my inbox. "Impressive," I muttered to myself, noting the speed at which the information had been gathered.

I quickly scanned through the details, my eyes searching for a familiar girl. There she was, Julianna Celine. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of her name. As I read through her information, I felt a sense of relief. She was a first-class student since elementary school, with a clean security check. It seemed my father had taken notice of her, which only added to my concern for her safety.

Despite only having met her once or twice, I found myself worrying about her well-being. I didn't want anyone to get hurt because of me. It was a strange feeling, one that I couldn't quite shake. But for now, all I could do was wait and see what the future held for us.