𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 11

Into the Labyrinth of Ryder's Realm

JULIANNA

My name echoes through the heavy knocks that jolt me awake. Expecting to find myself in Ryder's room, I'm surprised to see my own familiar surroundings. I realize I'm wearing just my panties, and my singlet is torn. This confirms that yesterday's events were real, but there's still some disbelief. How did I end up back in my room? I don't remember how last night ended, and I'm certain I didn't drink any wine or alcohol.

"Julianna! Julianna! Don't tell me you're still sleeping!" Stella's voice rings out loudly. "Coming!" I reply, hastily covering myself with a blanket and rushing to the door. Stella is already dressed and ready for school, urging me to hurry up. I quickly take my bath and get dressed, but the events of yesterday continue to linger in my mind.

Maya, Nora, and Cooper join me in my room, and we all head to the dining room. There, I encounter the enigmatic man again. His hair is plaited back, giving him an intriguing look, and his shirt is unbuttoned, revealing his perfect chest adorned with tattoos. I feel my face flush red. Memories of yesterday flood back, and I find myself wanting more of him, unsure if what happened was real or a dream. I try to read his gaze but find myself falling for him even more. "I should be used to him by now, but every time feels like the first time we've met," I think to myself, feeling confused.

Lost in thought, I'm snapped back to reality by his deep voice, "have a seat." I sit down, and we all begin to eat. I steal glances at Ryder as he eats, feeling a strong desire to kiss and touch him. I glance at my friends to see if they are as captivated by him, and I'm surprised to see that they are just as distracted.  Their gaze lingered on Ryder's Adam's apple, tracing its bob with each swallow. I was taken aback, nearly spilling my food in surprise. Maya's spoon slipped from her fingers, clattering against the plate, while Nora, usually composed, almost let out a loud gasp as Ryder noticed our fixed stares. The remainder of the dinner was filled with palpable tension, making every bite uncomfortable. Hastily, my friends and I finished our meals, eager to escape the awkwardness, and swiftly left the dining room.

Ready for campus, we leave the mansion, only to realize that we don't know the way and arrived here by car. "What do we do now?" Cooper asks. "Let's go back to Ryder," I suggest, but before we can move, Ryder approaches. A cream SUV is parked in front of us, and Ryder gets out, inviting us to join him. The SUV was luxurious, with sleek lines and tinted windows. The interior was plush, with leather seats and a high-end sound system. I couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and nervousness as we rode to school with Ryder.

Arriving at the CBT hall for our test, we attract attention as we get out of the car with Damien Ryder. It's a shocking moment for the other students and an achievement for us. If I had to choose between this moment and a 5.00 CGPA, I wouldn't hesitate to choose this moment. We bid farewell to Damien Ryder, and as he drives off, Stella expresses concern about the girls who have been staring at us.

"What do we do now?" Maya asks nervously. "Why be afraid? We haven't done anything wrong; we don't owe anyone an explanation," Nora responds. "I agree," Cooper adds. "Well, we just have to cooperate and not say a word," I conclude, and we walk confidently to the hall, feeling all eyes on us.

We quietly joined the queue, the air thick with anticipation and nervous energy. As we waited, a group of girls approached us, some gravitating towards Maya, others towards Nora and Stella. I observed the scene unfolding before me, my eyes scanning the surroundings.

I noticed Nora showing a group of girls a picture of herself with Damien Ryder, my supposed boyfriend, and saw their eagerness to also have a picture with him. A pang of jealousy shot through me. I had assumed I was the only one among my friends who had any access to Damien Ryder, though I hadn't even confirmed our relationship yet. Everything felt like a surreal dream to me.

Now, it seemed there were more clandestine meetings with Ryder, similar to ours. Determination surged within me. I resolved to uncover who he truly was and what game he was playing.

**************************************

AUTHOR'S POV

Seated at the dining room after a long day, Julianna and the other girls found themselves in Damien Ryder's house for the first time, able to relax and chat about the group of ladies they encountered that morning and the test questions. The atmosphere was one of relief and exhaustion, the room bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun filtering through the curtains.

Julianna's phone rang, breaking the peaceful silence. "Damn! It's my mom," Julianna exclaimed in shock, her heart racing. "Be calm, she might just want to greet you," Stella reassured her, trying to ease Julianna's anxiety. Julianna answered the call hesitantly, her voice trembling as she heard her mother's voice on the other end. "Where are you by this time? You said your test would only take two hours," her mom inquired, her tone laced with concern and a hint of admonishment. Overwhelmed by guilt and fear, Julianna abruptly ended the call.

"Are you serious! What you just did will make it obvious!" Stella scolded Julianna, her voice filled with frustration. "They... they're already at my hostel, and they couldn't find me," Julianna stammered, her breathing erratic. Just then, they heard a deep voice from afar. It was Damien Ryder, coming down the stairs with a document in his hands. "Get dressed and let's go!" he said firmly, his presence calming their nerves. "I got you covered, don't panic," Ryder added, his assurance like a lifeline to them all.

Julianna and her friends rushed to their respective rooms to dress up, their minds racing with worry. They joined Ryder outside at his car, only to be stopped by his bodyguard. "Master only wants Julianna," he said curtly, allowing only Julianna to get in the car. As they drove off, Julianna's worry seemed to melt away as she sat directly beside Ryder, reassured by his presence.

Meanwhile, back at the hostel, Julianna's parents sat at the front of the door, their expressions a mix of concern and relief upon seeing her. Julianna's heart raced as she approached them, unsure of what to expect. Ryder, ever the gentleman, grabbed her hands and whispered in her ear, "don't panic." His words gave her the courage to face her parents.

"Julianna! You've kept us worried," her mom exclaimed, pulling her into a tight hug. Before Julianna could reply, Ryder stepped forward, extending his hand to her father. "Hello, I'm Mr. Damien," Ryder introduced himself. Julianna's father, taken aback by the unexpected turn of events, shook his hand awkwardly. "I'm the new owner of the house," Ryder explained, handing over the house documents to Julianna's father. "But I told them to move to my new hostel when I heard about a robbery at the neighboring hostel, and their hostel is closer to the backyard," Ryder added, trying to smooth over the situation.

There was a moment of silence as Julianna's father processed the information. "Oh! Sorry... thanks for the consideration, Mr. Damien," he replied, finally understanding the situation. "So where's my daughter living?" he asked, eager to see where his daughter was staying. "I'll take you there," Ryder replied, leading them to his car.

Arriving at the grand, luxurious mansion that served as the hostel, Julianna was once again struck by the opulence of the building. The large, long stairs were adorned with intricate flower drawings, adding to the majestic feel of the place. "Is this guy a king?" Julianna's mother whispered to her in awe. Julianna chuckled, "I don't think so, but I'm yet to find out," she replied, equally impressed by the grandeur.

As they heard the horn, Julianna's friends rushed outside to greet her parents, relieved to see them. It was a moment of joy and relief for everyone, except perhaps for Julianna's father, who was still trying to process the unexpected turn of events. But for Julianna's mom, seeing Stella, her daughter's best friend, with her was an added comfort.