Avoid the Void

A/N (Alternate name): A doppelganger version of Y/N built by Nine, they have mostly the same appearance as Y/N but with a metal plate detached from their right eye, reveling their eye socket. They have the resisitance symbol on their chest. Their arm cannon was forcefully torn off leaving their right arm short, they still have a giant soft, floofy mechanical tail. They are no longer loyal to Nine due to him betraying them and are now loyal to Sonic through choice.

Sonic- a slim anthropomorphic hedgehog with blue fur that covers most of his body, and peach skin that covers his arms, muzzle, insides of his ears and front torso. He has small, triangular ears on top of his head, six long quills on the back of his head, two spines protruding from his back behind his shoulders, and a short tail. He has bright green Emerald eyes. For attire, Sonic wears red shoes and a pair of white gloves with sock-like cuffs on the hands. (They change based on which space he is in.)

Y/N- A robotic Mobian Fox created by Tails to be his assistant and partner, although being a robot they do have feelings and are self-conscious, they have a big soft floofy tail, their metal plates, tail and eye color are unspecified and up to the reader. Y/N often speaks in a monotone robotic voice, barley showing any emotion and takes things very literal. They are loyal and carry out orders, especially from Tails. Y/N is often seen with a long extendable metal pole made by Tails, it can be used as a weapon, a tool or a way to clear large gaps or walls.

Part 9: Avoid the Void

A/N hurtles out of the blue Shatter verse portal, hitting the giant crystal piece on the other side of where Shadow and Sonic were standing.

A/N: I'm back in the Shatter verse.

Shadow appears out of nowhere, his form looming over A/N as he grabs them by the shoulders and pins them against the giant crystal piece. His piercing red eyes bore into A/N, a look of determination and focus etched on his face as he interrogates them with a stern and unwavering gaze.

Shadow: Who are you!

A/N's mechanical tail twitches and sways as they struggle to find the words to explain, their gaze meeting. A/N remains silent.

Shadow: Answer me! What are you doing here?

A/N remains silent.

As Shadow interrogates A/N, their mechanical systems hum with tension, their eyes narrowing as they anticipate his next move. With a sudden burst of strength and agility, A/N shifts their weight and launches a swift kick directly into Shadow's chest, knocking him off balance and sending him stumbling backwards.

Shadow: Unh!

Before Shadow can recover, Sonic streaks in out of nowhere, his blue form blurring with speed as he positions himself between A/N and Shadow. With a determined expression, Sonic squares off against Shadow, his emerald eyes flashing with resolve as he confronts the enigmatic figure.

Sonic: Back off, Shadow! A/N is with me.

Shadow: A/N?

Sonic: Yeah, they're a friend. We're on the same side here.

Shadow narrows his eyes, a hint of suspicion lingering in his expression as he regards Sonic and A/N. After a tense moment of silence, he finally nods in understanding, stepping back and lowering his guard.

Sonic: Now Shadow, what did you say?

Shadow: What do you think I've been trying to tell you! When you broke the Paradox Prism, you broke our reality! Green Hills is gone! It doesn't exist anymore!

Sonic's eyes widen in shock as the weight of Shadow's words sinks in. The realization that Green Hills, his home and the place he knew, no longer existed hit him like a ton of bricks. His thoughts raced as he tried to come to terms with the magnitude of the situation.