[ 𝟑𝟖 ] - 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 | 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧

【 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 】

    "So, my dear, what can I help you with?" Alastor leaned down from his waist to stare at (Y/N), his eyes curving almost as if he were amused by the very situation unfolding before him

"So, my dear, what can I help you with?" Alastor leaned down from his waist to stare at (Y/N), his eyes curving almost as if he were amused by the very situation unfolding before him. "Have you come to your senses and decided to not only return to me, but to give up on such trivial meanderings of going to Heaven?"

(Y/N) blinked up at him.

Wow...

He's much saltier than I imagined.

"Oh, right!" Alastor snapped his fingers as he watched her transform, familiar green traces of his magic surrounding her. "Much better. Now, dear... care to tell me of the reason for your visit?"

"Firstly, why don't you tell me the reason for destroying Angel's mirrors?" She shot back at him with narrowed eyes.

"Whatever do you mean, sweetheart?"

"You know exactly what I mean."

"How could I know what you mean when I've been here, in my room, reading?" Alastor hummed as he gestured towards the pair of plush velvet seats by the flickering fireplace, an open book balanced on the arm rest of one of the chairs. "Surely you haven't come here to blame me for irregularities that I've nothing to do with, have you? And with such little evidence, too..."

(Y/N) frowned.

Rounding the chair to pick up the book, she was surprised at what she found.

"French, huh?" She traced her fingers down the page, wondering how Alastor was able to read this when she remembered he only spoke broken French—then again, just because one could only speak a little of one language doesn't mean they couldn't read it. "I didn't know you could read that."

"There are many things you don't know about me," Alastor stated with a coy smile.

"Fine, prove you can read this, then," she stated as she pointed to a random spot on the page, her gaze kept steady with Alastor's.