Alternate ending/ Oxygen.

~ 10 years later ~

Shubman's POV-

"KKR need 6 runs off 1 ball. Shubman Gill on strike. Can he do it?" The commentator spoke.

"This is the FINALS of VIVO IPL, everyone. It's KKR V/S RCB!" Another commentator spoke.

"Hey! Do you remember, years back, it was KKR V/S RCB, here at Chinnaswamy itself? Coincidentally, it was Shubman Gill on strike too. What a dejà vú!" The third commentator said.

And this was the place where I saw Adithi for the first time. I looked at the stands where I saw her scream, years back. A smile made its way on my face.

I looked at the bowler who was running towards me.

I looked at the stand where my wife was seated with our daughter, before taking a breath and looking at the bowler again.

In came a short ball and I swung my bat and hit it for a six!

"KKR BEAT RCB TO WIN THE IPL TROPHY!" The commentator announced.

I removed my helmet and looked at Adithi, who was standing in the gallery. I blew a kiss at her and she returned the gesture.

My teammates ran towards me and engulfed me in tight hugs. The youngsters carried me on their shoulders, and walked around the ground.

This was it.

My last IPL.

And, what an amazing way to end my career, I tell you!

----

"Shubman Gill! What a spectacular IPL career you've had. From your first IPL to your last one. What do you have to say about it?" Dinesh Karthik asked me during the post match ceremony.

"Well, I'm really glad that I've reached this height. There are too many people to thank. And, honestly, I can't thank them enough. Without them, I don't think I would've come this far. My parents, my coaches, my mentors, my fans, and there are so many other people. I'd specially like to thank Adithi for making me the person I am today. Strength is something I learned from her. And of course, my daughter Shubhangi who has been really lucky for me." I smiled.

"Which match has been your favourite till date?" He asked.

"Definitely the one where I spotted Adithi." I laughed.

"I still remember, you got distracted by her which ended up getting you bowled." He laughed along.

"Yeah, and I never thought that I'd see her again but I guess, destiny had its own plans." I smiled.

"You played an amazing knock of 67 off 34 balls in your last IPL match, you've also won the 'Man Of The Match' Award, and you're the Orange Cap Holder for this season. A good way to end your IPL career?" He asked.

"Well, yeah. I'm really happy with how I've played. And, I guess, it's all because of my hardwork and dedication towards my game. And, I feel it's the best way to end my IPL career. So yes, I'm really glad." I said.

"Any tips for young players?" He asked.

"You should be the one advicing them." I laughed, to which he laughed along.

"Well, I'd just like to tell them that- concentrate on your career, the path isn't easy at all. Trust me, I've had a roller coaster ride. At the end it all comes down to your determination." I said.

"Thank you so much Shubman for entertaining us for so many IPL seasons. We wish you best of luck for your future." He smiled.

I thanked him and after hugging him, I walked over to my team mates, who were eagerly waiting to hold the IPL trophy in their hands.

The chairman of IPL handed me the trophy and my team knew no bounds. The jumps, the screams, the happiness, they were all worth it.

----

I was speaking to a bunch of young players when my 9 year old daughter came running towards me.

"Papa!"

I turned around and picked her up.

"Hello!" I smiled.

"Papa, you were fantastic." She said, excitedly.

I chuckled at her before asking, "Where's mumma?"

"Mumma is here!" Said Adithi walking towards us.

"Shubhangi kitni baar bola hai, don't run! You'll hurt yourself." She scolded.

"Okay, sorry." Shubhangi whined before jumping down from my arms and running on the ground again.

"This girl!" Adithi shook her head.

I couldn't help but laugh at her. I held Adithi by her shoulder before looking at her and saying, "Thank you. If it wasn't for you I don't even know what I'd do. Thank you for fighting it through that day."

She smiled at me before hugging me tightly.

I still thank god everyday for giving Adithi the strength to fight for her life the day she gave birth to Shubhangi.

When Dr. Mehra told me they could only save one of them, my world turned upside down. But little did I know that I married a fighter.

The mother in Adithi did not let her give up. The mother in Adithi fought for her life because she wanted to raise her child, she wanted to experience motherhood.

"Mumma!" Shouted our daughter from the other end of the ground. Within seconds Adithi was next to Shubhangi who was now showing her I don't know what on the ground.

A smile made its way on my face while looking at the two most important girls in my life.

I looked at the stand again where I saw Adithi 20 years back and the memories flooded my mind.

I saw her on those stands laughing with her friends. I was walking up to the dressing room with my teammates still looking at her. I was honestly mesmerised by her, it was some kind of attraction. She was wearing her RCB jersey which had '18' and 'VIRAT' below it. And suddenly, out of nowhere she looked at me and boy, I ran to the dressing room. Funny that I thought I'd never see her again and here I am, 20 years later married to the same girl who left me mesmerised.

I jogged towards where my girls were now sitting and took a seat beside them on the ground.

"Why do I have this necklace?" Asked Shubhangi out of the blue.

Adithi and I looked at the oxygen necklace around our daughter's neck before looking at each other.

"Because, if we were ever gasping for breath, We know you'd be our,"

With a smile on my face I looked at Adithi who was mirroring my expression before she completed the sentence.

"Oxygen"

****

Hello! So I know most of y'all wanted a happy ending so here it is. Really took me 4 long years lol.
But anyway, I really hope y'all liked this ending.
Don't forget to vote! ❤️
Bye!