Chapter 19.

~ 7 years later ~

Adithi's POV-

"Okay, boys and girls. Listen up. All of you look sexy. Go and kill it." I cheered my models up.

One by one, all of them walked on the ramp, wearing my wedding designs.

Whenever a new model walked down, there was a round of applause.

I was really glad that people liked my work.

"It's time for the show stoppers! Please give it up for the sensational Alia Bhatt, and Kartik Aaryan!"

Both of them walked on the ramp, hand in hand.

The audience cheered for them.

"Now it's time for the lady behind these gorgeous designs. She's India's leading fashion designer. Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together for Adithi Rai!" The host said.

I walked on the ramp, with a smile on my face.

My right hand was intertwined with Kartik's and the other with Alia's.

People gave me a standing ovation.

I couldn't ask for more.

----

"When are we going back to India?" I asked Shubman

We were in Paris for my fashion show. But my show was done last night, and we're still in Paris.

"You want to go back early?" He asked.

"Nah, I'm just asking." I shrugged my shoulders.

He smiled, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You did really well, last night." He pecked my lips.

"This is the hundredth time, you're telling me this." I smiled.

"It's still not enough." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay, listen. I'm hungry, we'll order room service?" I asked him.

"Already ordered." He winked.

I shook my head, smiling.

The past 7 years have been really great for me. I was known as India's Leading Fashion Designer. I had shows in almost all the parts of the world. People knew me for my work, and not only because I was The Shubman Gill's girlfriend.

Shubman has been really supportive. He's supported me in everything. He's also been my show stopper quite a few times.

Sometimes I still think about my aborted baby girl. But, I've learnt to live with the fact, that she's gone.

And somewhere, I feel, Shub was right. All of this wouldn't be possible, if she was born. It would've been difficult for both of us.

Speaking about Shubman, needless to say, he's the heartthrob of cricket. He's broken many records too. He's the finest cricketer of this century.

There are so many young cricketers, who look up to Shub. I couldn't be more proud of him.

Shub clicked his fingers in front of my face to bring me out of my thoughts.

"Where were you lost?" He smirked.

"In your thoughts." I winked at him.

He chuckled at my response.

I didn't even realise room service had arrived.

"I'm hungry! Let's eat." I said.

----

"Oh god. It feels like I had 3 meals all together." I burped.

Shub gave me a poker face.

"You had only 1 freakin' plate of pasta!" He rolled his eyes.

"Hey! I had more of the cold drink." I stated.

He facepalmed himself, but shook his head smiling.

I smiled, looking at him smile.

"Okay, by the way, listen to me. I've something important to tell you." Shub said, turning serious.

I motioned him to go on.

"How many years have we been dating?" He asked me.

"Almost 7." I answered.

"What's our age?"

"27,26."

"What do you think about taking our relationship to the next level?" He asked with a glint of hope in his eyes.

"Are you aski-" I was interrupted by, Shub going down on his knee.

"I won't beat around the bush and will just come to the point. I love you so much, Adithi Rai. I can not imagine my life without you. Will you be my oxygen for the rest of my life?" He asked, showing me the beautiful ring.

I didn't have to think twice. I knew my decision.

"Yes." I whispered.

He slid the ring in my ring finger, and stood up to me hug me.

He pulled me into a passionate kiss.

We pulled away, breathless.

"And if I was ever gasping for breath, I know, you'd be my oxygen." I whispered.

****

Yayayayayayayayayay!

Voooooote. ❤