Chapter 20.

Shubman's POV-

"Isko yaha pe rakdo."

"Arre isko waha pe rakhna tha, aur usko yaha pe."

"Yeh kya hai, bhaiya? Theek se lagao."

"Ye-" "Maa, calm down. Tension math lo. Sab ho jayega." I told my mom.

"Kuch nahi hua hai, Shubman. Aaj sangeet hai, aur yeh log abhi tak kaam kar rahe hai." Mom said, running a hand through her hair.

Before I could say anything, she walked off to scream at another person.

Before she could say anything to him, Adithi came to her.

She spoke to Adithi, and left with a smile.

Adithi then spoke to the workers, with a smile on her face, leaving them with a smile.

This girl makes everyone smile.

She saw me looking at her, and started walking towards me.

"You know staring is bad." She told me, with an innocent look on her face.

I pulled her by her waist.

"But when your future husband is the one staring at you, it isn't bad at all." I whispered huskily in her ears.

I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears, and leaned in.

"Ahem ahem." Someone coughed, which caused Adithi to jump away from me.

Chachi was looking at us, with a smirk on her face.

"I-I... aunty mujhe bula rahi hai." Adithi said and literally ran away from there.

"Mujhe bhi mummy bula rahi hai." I said.

But before I could escape, she caught my hand.

"Tujhe bhi bhabi bula rahi hai?"  She asked with a smirk.

"Haan... woh.. uh... kuch kaam tha." I stuttered.

"Kaunsa kaam?" She asked further.

"Woh.... uh... unse pooch ke aata hu." I said quickly, pulling my hand away, and running from there.

I noticed mom speaking to Adithi, and so I walked to them.

"Aunty, I'll do it. Chill." Adithi told her.

"I know, beta. But, let me also do some work, yeah?" Mom kept her hand on Adithi's face.

Adithi was about to say something but mom interrupted her.

"Shubman, come here." She called me out.

I stood beside Adithi.

"Take her in, aur kuch khila isko. Subah se kuch nahi khaya isne." Mom said.

Adithi opened her mouth to protest, but I kept my hand on her mouth.

"You can't say no to your future mother in law, can you?" I winked at her.

"Exactly! You can't say no to me. Go eat something now." Mom chuckled at her.

Adithi shook her head smiling.

I caught Adithi's hand and led her inside.

----

"Bohot jaldi aaye tum log." I rolled my eyes at Abhishek, Manjot, Nagar and Mayank.

"Arre I was ready, lekin isne ek ghanta laga diya taiyaar hone mein. I told her sangeet mein jaa rahe hai, photoshoot ke liye nahi. Tab bhi madam ko akal nahi aaya." Abhishek joked, pointing at Urvashi, his wife.

Urvashi was about to say something, but was interrupted by Manjot.

"Same here. Iss bandi ne toh merko room se hi nikaal diya tha." He said, referring to Simran, his wife.

"You know na. These girls." Nagar rolled his eyes, just to get nudged by Riya.

Oh by the way, they're still dating.

"Seriously yaar. Khud time pe taiyaar nahi hoti, aur humein bhi taiyaar nahi hone deti." Mayank chuckled, but quickly shut up as soon as he got a glare from Jiya. Yes, his girlfriend.

"Hi guys!" Adithi said, coming to stand next to me.

She hugged everyone, one by one.

"Adithi! You look gorgeous in this hot pink ghagra." Simran commented.

Adithi laughed, and thanked her.

"Seriously dude, if I was a guy, I'd marry you right away, obviously after pushing Shubman into a well." Urvashi winked.

"Vashi, tu sudharne wali nahi hai." I told her.

She stuck her tongue out.

"By the way, Shubman, you know all lawyers are evil?" Vashi asked me.

"Why?" I asked her, confused.

I know this is one of her lame jokes.

"Because unke neeyat mein COURT hota hai." She finished, just for others to start laughing.

Vashi, yaar. My bestfriend is one in a million.

I shook my head, smiling at her stupid joke.

****

Memories of 'Just Friends' refreshed? xD

Voooote. ❤