Chapter 2.

Shubman's POV-

We needed 6 runs off 1 ball to win the match.

I was having a chat with Dinesh Kartik when I saw the same cute girl on the big screen again. But this time her hands were in a praying position and her eyes were filled with hope.

I went on strike to play the last ball.

Come on Shubman, we need a six.

The bowler bowled the ball, but before I could swing my bat, the cute girl's face came in front of my eyes.

The stadium erupted into loud cheers.

I didn't know what happened.

I turned to look behind me, and saw the middle stump was in two pieces.

What did I just do?

Ugh! It's all that cute girl's fault.

Why're you blaming her, Shubman? It's all your fault. You let yourself get distracted!

Dinesh Kartik came to me and patted my back.

"It's okay." He consoled me.

I nodded at him, but this feeling was eating me from inside. We could've won, Shubman! But you let yourself get distracted.

The same cute girl came on the big screen yet again. There was a huge grin on her face. She was jumping up and down.

I smiled looking at her, and looked down, slightly shaking my head.

During the post match ceremony, Ravi Shastri asked Virat Kohli about that cute fan.

Virat laughed and said, "I'm very glad to have such fans. They've always supported me in my ups and downs. I wouldn't trade them for anything. And talking about that particular girl. She's very cute. All of us wanted to meet her, so we called her to our dressing room. She was all chill with everyone, but the minute she saw me, she froze. It was actually kind of cute, but then eventually she was cool with me. So, it's very good having such fans who don't jump on you but actually respect you like that, not that I don't like fans who jump on me, but I feel fans like Adithi, the girl whom I met, are good to meet."

"Well such fans are hard to find. Anyways, thanks Virat, and congratulations on your win. Virat Kohli, everyone, the winning captain." Ravi Shastri said, as Virat Kohli walked away.

Adithi. Nice name.

The only good thing which happened in today's match was that I became the new orange cap holder.

I was quite happy, but also upset due to our loss, and also, because, we had no chance to enter the playoffs now.

I was very guilty. We lost because of my distraction.

It's fine Shubman. Leave it now. You won't see her again.

Our team decided to stay in Bangalore for another week.

The team decided to visit an orphanage and an oldage home tomorrow.

We went back to our hotel, and directly to our respective rooms. We decided to meet for dinner.

I freshened up and settled on a black button down and a pair of grey jeans. I wore my white nike high tops to complete my look. I styled my hair and got out of my room.

We all met at the pool side to have our dinner.

"Shubman, can I talk to you for a minute?" Dinesh bhai asked.

I excused myself from the group and walked away with him.

"What happened today?" He asked, suddenly.

"When?" I asked.

"Before playing the last ball." He stated.

"Uh..that."

"Yeah, 'that'." He chuckled.

I then told him about whatever happened.

He chuckled and gave me a teasing smile.

"Come on, bhai. It's not like I'll see her again. And, I just found her cute. It's just a sort of attraction, that's all." I told him.

"But what if you meet her again?" He asked me.

"I know, I won't. Unless, it's RCB vs KKR again, in Bangalore." I chuckled.

He nodded and smiled.

We walked back to the team, and had dinner.

We left to our rooms after we were done.

"Tomorrow is going to be a long day." I told myself, and fell on the bed, after changing my clothes.

****

Tomorrow will surely be a long day. xD

Voooooote. ❤