chapter 10

(Note: this chapter has ALL the smut, fluff, angst, and drama! But Be warned there's some angry sex involved but it's completely consensual!)

– 8 days later–

–violet–

Waking up I found myself alone in bed once more. It was quite disappointing not waking up in Ace's arms, surrounded by his warmth. He had been avoiding me for days...

We would pass each other briefly while I went around the ship with Johnny cleaning but besides that, he stayed as far from me as possible. Even at night when he turns in to sleep he either sleeps at his desk or in a hammock in the corner of the room.

I'm not sure if he's mad about what we talked about or not but it bothers me.

In the past few days, I've grown accustomed to life on the ship and learned quite a bit. I've also gotten to know a few of the crew members on board the ship and have gotten a lot more comfortable Working around the ship.

It was awkward running into Ace as I worked but he often wouldn't come back to the cabin till I was asleep and he always left before I awoke. So our interactions were very brief. It was probably for the best that we didn't interact too much...

Since that night not much has happened around the ship, I haven't seen that figure again nor have the candles suddenly changed color. Every once in a while they would all flicker simultaneously but besides that, there weren't any more strange occurrences.

Climbing out of bed I stretched And looked around the room. My eyes immediately locked onto Ace who was sound asleep in the hammock in the corner of the room.

Quietly stepping over towards him he seemed to be out cold and a bit uncomfortable. I don't remember him coming back to His room before I went to sleep, so how long was he up?

Glancing towards the desk I saw his boots and coat were just tossed aside haphazardly, he usually hung his coat and placed his boots next to his desk. Was he just that tired? Maybe he hasn't been getting as much sleep Because he hasn't been sleeping in his bed.

Guilt washed over me as I looked back at him. Maybe I should switch with him, or even sleep below deck with the rest of the crew? If he's not getting proper sleep because he's avoiding me then I need to do something.

Sighing I slipped on my shoes and made my way out of the cabin quietly. Every time I opened the door I was blinded because of the harsh difference in lighting, and it took a moment for my eyes to adjust.

Blinking a few times I looked around to see everyone busy at work. "Morning vi!" One of the sailors said in passing, followed by a few others.

"Morning!" I smiled and waved to each of them as I stepped out on deck Looking around.

"Hungry? Chef cooked up some eggs and biscuits!" another said as he moved a barrel across the deck.

'Breakfast? Ace hasn't Eaten breakfast yet, maybe if I bring him some then we could sit down and discuss the sleeping situation. Surely it won't be so awkward for us if we talk about It over a meal!'

"Yeah, that's a great idea! Thank you!" Getting a little more pep to my step I rushed below deck, doing my best to dodge and weave around the working crew until I got to the kitchen. Once there I found none other than Johnny and the chef preparing food.

"Ah Morning vi, you're up earlier than usual!" Johnny piped up. "Yeah I just happened to wake up sooner this morning, can I get two plates? I want to bring one to ace."

"OH, sure! I'll give you a tray to carry it on!" The young boy made two plates with eggs, biscuits, and some potatoes. Setting everything on a tray I glanced past him to see a bag of apples and remembered that Ace seemed to eat them quite often.