Chapter 1

"Yo Britt wait up" Khalil screamed down the hallway jogging towards me.

Khalil is my friend from Philly he was my neighbor growing up until his dad died and then him, his mom and his brother had to move to south Philly but he still came around. He was the only person who didn't judge for getting pregnant with Brianna. Khalil is pretty handsome and very nerdy. He is 6ft and he have perfect white teeth. He is skinny with deep dimples a brown skin complexion and brown eyes. He was a nerd but he was also a great basketball player. Khalil wasn't the type of nerd you just push into a locker. He was brains and brawns, he was also street smart. He sell drugs from time to time, to help his mom out. His father passed away when he was 8 and it was a struggle for her to take care of him and his brother so by the age of 13 he got into the game. (Khalil⬆️⬆️⬆️ (r.i.p Tyler))

"You going to Beta Beta Beta party on Friday?"  He ask once he had caught up to me.

"No you know I have to drive to Philly Friday to see Brianna for the weekend and plus I wasn't invited" I never get invited to anything as I said earlier I don't like to be noticed I had enough people eyes on me in high school.

" Girl I'm your invitation. If I'm invited, you're invited. If they kick you out, they kick me out. And we didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us!" He say as he stands straight and salute.

"What nigga ? are you high ?" 

"Me ? High? What? No ! Listen here I don't smoke weed. Weed is cheap, I make too much money to even smoke weed. Weed is wack." He says in a serious face.

I stared at him looking confused.

"Nah I'm just playing I'm maybe just a little high" he says laughing as we continue to walk down the hallway  "How is my goddaughter anyway"

"Bad as hell, terrorizing my parents she's such a diva and she's having her way with them" I said laughing just thinking about my baby girl.

Damn I'm a mom, I thought to myself I'm old enough to get called mommy, thats crazy. It seems like yesterday me and Khalil were riding our bikes racing to get to the top of the hill now we are college students.

"I just still can't believe you had a baby and with Trey out of all people" he says breaking me out of my train of thought.

Me and Trey dated for 6 months before we had sex. He used to make me feel like I was the only girl in the world. It was nice until I found out he was playing me. He had 3 girls on the side once when I told him that I was pregnant he said what you telling me for? That's your baby. Everything in me wanted to get rid of Bri but my parents said you were grown enough to lay down and make her now be grown enough to take care of her. I'm so happy I didn't get rid of her that's my girl, my world. She's my reason for living I look in her eyes and all of my pain just go away. She deserves the world once when I finish school and become a forensic scientist she going to have just that.

"I can't believe he turn out to be such a dick, I really thought we was going to be together for a lifetime" I say shaking my head at the thought.

"You and every girl he was messing with thought that shit but you need to stop acting like a 35 year old woman and come to this party, it's okay to miss one weekend and have some fun and be young"

"How did you get an invite anyways" I asked. Before I got pregnant Khalil never got invited to a party he was just that dorky kid on the basketball team who lead the team to victory every game. But once when he got his braces off and switched those big thick glasses out with contacts every girl in Pennsylvania wants him well minus me he will always be big bird to me.