ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 2:

Parineeti POV:

Parineeti POV:

"Listen up, we have some news to share. Parineeti's marriage with Mr. Dhruv Chowdhury will be arranged in two weeks, as advised by the priest, who deems it an auspicious time for their union."

WHATT?!?!" I rose from my seat in disbelief as I looked at them incredulously.

"But I-"

"Can't you hear Parineeti, this is final. Your marriage will be held after the next 14 days and I will not hear any of your excuses so better be ready." My mother cut me off ignoring my dissatisfaction with the sudden proposal.

"But this is ridiculous. I get it that both of you are eager for me to get married but that doesn't mean you will not give me anytime to think things through and process everything. I barely even know whom I'm marrying. Atleast give me a month time so that I and the one whom I'm marrying can have the opportunity to know each other. Also I have recently joined Liana group as a fashion designer. I have my job too."

"Yes I agree with Di please don't force her in everything." Priyansh pleaded with his eyes, casting a sympathetic glance in my direction.

"Do not speak when your elders are talking Priyansh" father scowled at him literally not letting any of us speak.

"But this is not fai-" again my mother cut me off.

"Bas bohut hua! Aur kitni apni manmani karongi? Jo faisla lena tha woh hum le liye. Accha hoga aab tum bhi man jao kyuki tumhari ye nautanki koi bhi nhi sahega"
"Enough is enough! How much more will you do as per your wish? Whatever decision had to be taken, we took it. Now you better agree because no one will tolerate this drama of yours."

"How much will you tolerate? Maa it should be me to ask you how much should I tolerate. All you care about is money and power. What if he turn out to be not a good person? Have you ever asked what I feel? Have you ever agreed to any of my decisions. Even both of you opposed the idea of me having a job. Why? Why do I always have to beg for everything. You just see me as a mere pawn to improve your business deals and relations. If you ever loved or cared about me as you care about your work, you would have respected my decisions and help me pursue my dreams. Now you are pressuring me to marry a goddamn billionaire solely to cultivate beneficial connections and gain wealth and possession." My anger reached its peak and as soon as the words left my mouth, I realized the gravity of what I had said, only to be met with a sharp slap across my cheek. My eyes turned red and watery while I tried my level best not to cry. I could see everyone's eyes widened with disbelief.