ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4:

Parineeti POV:

Parineeti POV:

"For a date; what else?" He smiled as he observed my startled expression, his own demeanor reflecting warmth and understanding. A shiver ran down my spine when I felt his gaze locked onto me.

He was a beautiful man if you ask me. He was tall and well built with sharp captivating features which could make any woman drool for him. His enigmatic hazel eyes that hold royalty and power was framed with dark expressive brows filled with determination and elegance. When I first met him I was taken aback by his strong powerful aura. I was slightly scared when I confronted my feelings towards this marriage and was surprised that he understood me. When he asked me for a date, it was certainly clear that he was not giving up on me rather trying to understand me and grow our bond. Well I have never dated any man since high school which was obviously a fling so it may feel like a new experience for me.

Both of us departed the room and made our way to the main hall where everyone had gathered. Everyone was there except for Priyansh and Sayani. I wondered if they were at the garden so I peeked from the door and saw them having a fun time together.

"Umm we need to say something." His words piqued the curiosity of everyone present there.

"Yes tell what's the matter?" His father said and then he finally confessed what we discussed before.

"Well listen. I appreciate all the planning that has gone into the wedding, but we need some time to ensure everything goes well and all. I believe it would be beneficial for us to postpone the wedding for a month. So-" he was about to finish when my mother interrupted him.

"Did Parineeti asked you to tell this?" my mother asked showing a pleasant expression which was not at all pleasant when she looked at me.

"Well it's both of our decision and I hope that you will not go against it." He concluded with a confident glance at me, to which I responded with a timid smile.

"It's perfectly fine; you both can take your time. I also believe it's important for them to get to know each other well before they marry." Mrs. Chowdhury said and in instance everyone agreed to us.

Him and I strolled around the garden for a while,when others were busy chatting among themselves. The lush greenery swayed gently in the breeze as the leaves and flowers danced along with it. The sunlight kissed our faces and the birds chirped melodiously overhead. I was slightly nervous but little less than before and it was obvious as I felt his gaze on me. To break the awkward tension between us, he finally broke the silence with a gentle,

"Was that your new project?" I looked at him in confusion and he spoke again.

"The drawings on your table were those your new project?"

"Oh that, yes yes, I- ac-tually, it's been only a week I have joined as a designer so those are my first projects." I responded tentatively, unsure of how he would react to my words.