ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔯 5:

Parineeti POV:

Parineeti POV:

As I took each step, anticipation grew for the new experience awaiting me today. My heartbeats increased as I found myself mere centimeters away from his car. He walked outside and greeted me with a warm smile to which I responded with a smile of my own. His gaze swept from head to toe, causing some unusual knots to form in my stomach, before he finally spoke,

"You are looking beautiful, Pari" My eyes widened in surprise upon hearing my nickname uttered from his lips. When I saw him for the first time I expected him to be some grumpy, arrogant hot headed man though I don't know for what reasons, but it turns out that he was really a gentleman.

"Thanks! And you look good too" I remarked as he graciously opened the car door offering me the seat. Throughout the journey we just exchanged few glances not uttering a single word.

His car stopped in front of a sprawling, luxurious restaurant. As I attempted to rise, he intervened, graciously opening the car door himself to allow me to step out.

Ouff a gentleman with a sexy face! Please be gentle like this after marriage!!

He moved a step closer to me while our eyes met. My thoughts filled me with roller coaster of emotions about this date, this goddamn handsome man infront of me, my marriage and everything. All of a sudden it feels like a dream and this feeling even I can't explain.

"Come Parineeti" I was snapped out of my thoughts by his deep soothing voice. He stood tall before me and extended his hand. I glanced at his attractive, veined hand, losing myself in a world of imagination.

"Itna bhi kya soch rahi huu Pari? Ab chale?"

"What are you thinking Pari?Shall we go?" Again and again this man was making me lose my sanity. His good looking face, his manners, his everything was making me weak even though I just met him once.

"Do you know magic" I muttered in slow voice almost inaudible. I hesitantly grabbed his hand and tried to calm my running heartbeats. His touch was now making me insane.

Oh come on Parineeti. You were not like this two days ago. Focus! Focussss!!!!

I followed him in the restaurant and was astonished to find only the waiters present, with not a single other human in sight.

"Wait don't tell me you reserved the whole restaurant?!", I asked and looked at him in pure confusion.

"Umm yeah I did" He gave me an innocent smile while I just stood there in disbelief. I thought it was a little too much but who cares.

After delving into discussions about our professional endeavors, another uncomfortable silence settled between us. Not finding any other options I just inhaled the food that was served as I was seriously hungry with all the convo we had last few minutes ago.

"Parineeti listen" suddenly his serious tone caught my attention and I looked at him with curiosity. Then he finally said,

"Parineeti let me be honest with you" he sighed for moment and then continued.

"I am simply marrying you because my parents want it to be. I have no interest in this marriage. I promise you my loyalty and support towards your every decisions and I will make sure you are safe and comfortable. But don't expect any intimate relationship with me as I'm afraid I can't provide you one. I also wish you won't intervane in my personal matters and I hope you will cooperate."
He finished and left me feeling somewhat wounded.

Wait why am I hurt? Isn't it the same case for me as well? Even I was not interested in this wedding. Then why do I feel hurt??

"Yeah I u-understand" I muttered giving him a weak smile.

Come on Parineeti, you never received love from your parents why do you expect that from a stranger. Everything is well and good if he lets me work and makes feel me safe. Yeah that's all I want actually.

I calmed myself from getting any absurd thoughts knowing that I would not be able to control myself. This was reality for me I should accept this.

"So you brought me hear to just tell me this?" I asked looking at him blankly. Damn this guy is really a thing. All sweet talks before and now he is all serious. I shouldn't have raised my expectations.

"Yes I don't want any kind of misunderstandings so I-"

"Its ok as long as you let me work and don't intervene in my matters; everything is fine" I said and he nodded agreeing with me.

"So if we are clear we can leave now" he said and both of us stood up to depart. I felt like escaping that place as soon as possible. I don't know but suddenly I was feeling a bit uncomfortable after what he said before.

Oh God why am I feeling like this. This ain't it. I really need to refresh myself.

"Pari slow down you will fa-" I didn't realize that I was walking too fast and suddenly I hit onto something and felt a sharp pain on my right knee. In an instant, as I teetered on the brink of meeting the ground, a firm grip enveloped my waist, effortlessly swept me into his arms. My head fell against his chest, eyes closed tightly as I tried to make sense of the chaos that had just unfolded. I stood so close to him that I could hear the rhythm of his racing heartbeats, feeling the warmth of his breath swirling just above my head.

"I told you to slow down" He muttered softly, his eyes locking onto mine. In that moment, everything else blurred, leaving only him in sharp focus before me. I tried to get off from his embrace but as soon as I tried to move, the pain surrounded me all over again and I lost my balance. With swift reflexes, he effortlessly lifted me up into his arms, cradling me in a bridal-style embrace.

"Ouch" It dawned on me that blood trickled from my right knee, a painful reminder of the collision moments ago.

"You don't have to run, I will drop you home" he remarked making me totally embarrassed of the situation I just created. I found myself in such an intimate moment that I blushed deeply, trying to avert my gaze but unable to resist looking directly at him. His arms embraced me with a firm yet gentle hold, restricting any movement on my part.

"Bring some first aid" He instructed one of his guards, who swiftly returned with ointments and bandages, ready to tend to my injury.

"Don't move" he ordered carefully treating my wound. Once the treatment was complete, he drove me home, his gentle touch ensuring my comfort as he looked after my wound along the way.

Damn tonight was literally something I least expected. I don't know but somewhere I was happy how he treated me with care. A swarm of butterflies fluttered wildly in my stomach, their chaotic dance causing an unwitting smile to spread across my face, rendering me utterly foolish yet blissfully unaware.

What is happening to you Pari?! You know na he doesn't want any intimate relationship. Its just care nothing else. Maybe I should just jump off the window. Bitch chill the fuck down!! Urghhh my stupid heart...