ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 7:

Parineeti POV:

Parineeti POV:

As the wedding day drew near, the household buzzed with excitement and anticipation. The air was filled with the fragrance of turmeric as the vibrant Haldi ceremony marked the beginning of the festivities. Laughter and chatter echoed through the halls as family and friends gathered all together.

Amidst all the laughter and joy at my wedding celebrations, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of melancholy as I reflected on how swiftly the days had passed. In this span of one month, even though we met quite a few times, Dhruv and I still haven't developed the connection necessary for us to grow together. All I'm certain of is that I'm marrying a man who will, at the very least, care about me. One more thing I observed that he seemed quite stressed about something, as if he had a weight on his shoulders, but I'm unsure of the cause. I considered approaching him about it, but I refrained, believing it would be best not to intrude on his personal affairs.

While I swam in the currents of my thoughts, suddenly I heard a loud knock on my door.

"Pari are you ready? The ceremony will began now everyone is waiting for you." I heard my bua calling me in haste. I opened the door, revealing her presence. She greeted me with a gentle kiss on my forehead and enveloped me in a warm embrace.

"Hae kitni pyari lag rahi hae humari Pari! Nazar na lage!"

"Oh My God Pari you are looking so pretty!" Her words prompted a shy smile from me as I followed her out of the room.

Her Outfit

Everyone's attention strictly turned towards me while their faces aglow with my presence

Everyone's attention strictly turned towards me while their faces aglow with my presence. All the ladies then encircled me while I sat on the stool ready for the celebration. Soon I was covered with yellow paste coating overall my face and hands eliciting a hilarious scenery within.

~~☆~~

Following the Haldi ceremony, the atmosphere shifted to one of intricate beauty and artistry as preparations began for the Mehndi ceremony.

"Pari ab toh bata do humare Jiju ke bare meh"

"Pari now you should tell us about our Jiju" Rishita, my cousin sister, exclaimed with excitement, while my other two sisters gazed at me with curiosity-filled eyes.

"Why are you asking now when you all already know him?"

"We want to hear it from you. We're curious to know how you feel about him, especially since you're going to be his wife." Siara said as she leaned against me, eager to hear my thoughts. What will I tell them when I myself don't know that much about him. All I know that he is a good looking, serious and exudes a bit of a 'I don't give a fuck about your feelings' vibes.

"He is fine and caring" that's all I could say for now.

"Bruh what a lame answer!"

"Then what do you wanna hear?"

"Aree meine pucha banda red flag hae ya Bangladesh flag hae ya phir pura hara bhara jungle hae... Ye pucha meine"

"I asked whether he is red flag or a green flag? Tell me that" she said in a obvious tone

"Ab ye meh kaese batau?"

"Now how will I say this" They all stared at me with expressions of disbelief, as if I were the dumbest person in the room.

"Kaese batau matlab? Ek mahine kya kiya? Uski aarti utar rahi thi? Kuch nahi pata tujhe woh kaesa hae?!"

"What do you by how? What did the two of you do over the course of a month? You don't know anything about him?!" Lavya teased playfully, drawing laughter from everyone around.

"Oh c'mon y'all stop it. "Now, Pari, prepare to adorn your hands with his name in this henna." My heart quickened at the words spoken by my chachi. In time, my hands were decorated with henna, his name intricately woven into my palm. Rishita snatched my phone and captured a few shots of my beautifully adorned curved mehndi, then she said,

"Let me send this to Jiju real quick" my eyes widened in shock as to what she she was to do. No way she was doing that that is so embarrassing.

"Rishu don't you dare" a glare formed on my face as I tried to stop her but I had to restrain myself as the henna was still not fully dried. Please no no don't do that! I internally screamed feeling a tint of heat on my cheeks. Oh God this girl I will kill her for sure!!

"Lets see what he will reply to this" I couldn't control myself but ran after her like a demon chasing it's pray. I felt incredibly embarrassed, my mind racing with anticipation of his reaction to such bullshit. I was convinced that I was utterly doomed, feeling as though I'd prefer leaping out the window than facing his reply.

---

Pari:
"Apke naam ka rang mere jism par mehendi ki tarah chadha hai, lekin kab aap apne dil mein mere naam ko likhenge?"

Dhruv:
"Apka sawaal mere andar naye ehsaason ko jaga raha hai. Shayad, jab humare saath bitaye lamhe aur aapki muskurahat mere saath hongi, toh mere dil mein apka naam khud hi chamak uthenge"

---

"Aaaaaa!! Omg Jiju toh pro nikle"

"Omg he turns out to be pro" Rishita hopped like a rabbit while I bumped her with my elbow. I hesitantly peeked at his response, only to be stunned by what I saw. A blush tinted my cheeks as butterflies fluttered in my stomach while I read his reply. Did he really write this? No way he could write such things to me?! I didn't know what I was feeling at that time. Happy? confused? shocked? Maybe altogether God knows.

~~☆~~