[18+] Chapter Six: NAOMI

Standing in my room after a steaming shower, I find myself staring into the bedroom's floor-length mirror

Standing in my room after a steaming shower, I find myself staring into the bedroom's floor-length mirror. My skin is pink from being scrubbed raw, and my hair looks matted, but my eyes aren't fixed on that. They're glued to my stomach, towards the small swell that sits there.

It's a little swell. Small enough to be explained away by having a large meal, or an episode of bloating (which I've been having a lot of recently). Then again, maybe...

I shut down the thought before it can even take root. No. As far as biology is concerned, I'm still infertile. No point trying to delude myself with a fool's hopes and wishes.

With a defeated huff I turn away from the mirror. It is at that moment that the door on the opposite wall creaks open, and Kohl peers around it a moment later.

"Naomi." He steps into his room – now our room – before shutting the door behind him. His eyes scan my body, perhaps checking for any mark from the fight. The places where my mother did catch me had already healed, however it wasn't like she got much of me in the first place. Kohl's throat bobs. "How are you...?"

"I'm okay," I say steadily. Then I push out a weary sigh. "Did she leave after I told her to?"

He nodded. "She passed out shortly after so the medics had to patch her up in the infirmary. Once she healed to an acceptable degree, they sent her away."

I squeeze my eyes shut against the sudden guilt that wraps around my heart. For a second, it paralyzes me. Then, slowly, I breathe it out, and the feeling disappears. "At least she probably won't be coming back."

Kohl nods slowly. Then he steps forward, hesitant. "Naomi... I want you to know that it makes no difference to me whether or not you are, uh..."

He gives a pointed look to my stomach. I can't help my smirk. "It's okay, Kohl. You can say the word."

He shakes his head and sighs. "We'll keep trying. Maybe something will happen. If not, we'll figure something else out. I've heard that there's a continent across the sea who are advancing fast in their technology. Perhaps we could look into that at some point?"

I nod my head, though it is only half-hearted. I am not going to allow myself to get my hopes up over something as important as this. Not when I want to have a child with Kohl so badly it hurts.

"Or maybe," he says slowly, his voice suddenly taking on a suggestive tone, "we can try again right now."

I give him a conspiratorial smile. "Kohl, isn't it a little early in the day for that?"

"Not where you're concerned." He undoes his belt and allows his pants to drop to the ground. He whips off his boxers, and any reservations I may have had die at the sight of his thick erection. Full and ready for me.

An ache of need forms at the apex of my thighs. Kohl rips off his shirt and slowly walks us both back to the bed, laying me down upon the duvets with such aching gentleness that I almost climax then and there. I push myself further up the bed, and he climbs over the top of me, hovering inches above my naked body.