Ch 2: Return To The Earth

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

07:05 am. Another day, another dollar. Isn't that the saying? (Y/N) groaned as they rolled out of bed and face-planted onto the hard-wood floor. There's a lot to do today considering they had to talk to Mrs Complainsalot, make sure the club isn't goofing off again, talk to Hailey about what the heck was happening and try and help Slenderman.

But maybe they could stay on the floor, they're still sleepy and it won't matter if they take a day off, right?

A few minutes pass before the vines start to wriggle around and squeeze their arm. Getting no response, it restricts more, causing the skin to lose circulation. (Y/N) winces and rubs their arm, slowly getting up. "Alright! Stop it. I'll go get ready." Sleepiness evident in their hoarse voice. They grab a clean uniform and change, making sure they have something packed for lunch, grabbing their bag and they have something for Slenderman. They left and locked the house, beginning their walk to the bus stop.

"What do you thinks he eats? Can he eat? I know I gave him something last night but I'm not sure he actually ate it." The vines wriggle in a circle, having no clue on how to answer them. "Well its probably best to bring something anyway, don't want to be rude too our guest." They cocked their head to the side as a football flew past them. Some kids were waving with worry on their faces, they probably didn't mean to kick it towards them. (Y/N) fetched the football and threw it back to them with a smile on their face. Its close to Christmas break so they must have been released from school already.

The bus ride took longer than usual due to more snow falling and the roads becoming slippery with the ice. Maybe blankets and the treehouse won't be enough for Slenderman to survive this season, from what the stories say, he usually has a mansion to stay in. And its only the start of winter, it's bound to get colder. (Y/N) holds their hand out in front of them, the vines curling around their fingers, seeming to know what they were thinking of. A warm smile made its way on their face as they cup their hand to their cheek, an inconspicuous way of giving a hug to the vines. They're glad to have been chosen, otherwise they probably wouldn't be doing so well in life. The vines retreated to around their waist afterwards.

The finally got the last stop they needed and hopped off, walking to school. (Y/N) unfortunately had classes all day and couldn't go early to tend to important business. They got into school and headed to form, waiting for Hailey to arrive. They could probably work on the essay due for next week now while they wait. Or they could go figure out why the teacher is staring at them like they've done something wrong by being there. Like seriously they're 10 minutes early, usually there are others here earlier and they- oh. They're not here. Did they read the schedule right today?

(Y/N) flipped open their email and found an email saying school was cancelled for the rest of week because some most teachers and students can't go very far due to the weather. They stared at the email then stared at the teacher. Then why was the teacher here? The teacher caught the stare and looked away, coughing and packing up their bag. Oh my forest, they also didn't read the email.

(Y/N) got up and took out a few sweets, setting them on the desk, not looking at the teacher and leaving. This embarrassment will be kept between them. Now what do they do? Leave, they guess. Maybe they could at least do a bit of work for the club if the progress is going to be setback a week. Nodding, (Y/N) made their way to the club and painted the second layer on some backgrounds and first layer on the props. Not really paying attention to the world around them as they painted.

When they decided it was enough, they stopped and stretched their limbs, letting their senses come to them. That's when they finally noticed that the vines were constricting them. "You can't be alerting me that Slenderman is doing something again right?" The vines kept constricting "Is it more danger? Has something happened to Willow Vane?" The vines stopped constricting but didn't loosen "Shit." (Y/N) grabbed their bag and booked it out of the school, running past the bus stop, not taking a break to breathe. The bus would only slow them down.