Ch 3: The Transfer

14:56 pm. Since the deaths of the forest burners, damn them, school has been put on hold for a month to let the students calm down, classes will also have an extra hour or two online, so they are still going to receive the full education. But it's also a 1-month deadline for the police to catch the perpetrator before students have to mingle with one another not knowing if their friend or classmate is the killer. Of course, the real killer already met them, but it's been over 2 weeks since the officers questioned (Y/N) and they haven't come back.

Willow Vane has been cleaned out of the remains of the group and has been re-opened but, really? Willow Vane isn't going to be occupied for quite some time, not after that event. Well, Slenderman currently occupies it but he's an exception. Speaking of Slenderman, (Y/N) got more answers out of him. Yes, Creepypastas are a real thing. No Ticci Toby isn't part of them anymore. Masky and Hoody are real too, the actors who played them actually became them and have been pretending ever since that they're not real for the public. The word proxy was so many times that it became a term for anyone who worked directly worked under him. Such as Hoody and Masky.

The information about how some cult girlies knew where he was supposed to be located worried him a bit but overall was fine with it if nobody else believed them. The club (Y/N) was apart of was fine with him as well and was amused that he and the other Creepypastas were argued about almost daily. The question about being his volunteer popped up again. And they had to think about it, especially now that over 10 bodies have shown up in the forest since (Y/N) became the protecter. This has been the first time that they were also almost caught.

The club had questions about them but none more so than Hailey. She barged into their house on a Saturday last week and hit them with plush toys demanding them to tell her everything. She was angry that they committed more murders but mostly worried about them. She would make a good protector with her mother-hen nature and fiery temper. She would also be sneakier about her kills. (Y/N) did have to bring her to see Slenderman too after she almost broke their spine. Both of them spent over 2 hours making fun of them and their previous non-existent belief of the Creepypastas.

Since there was 2 weeks left, (Y/N) made the most with the time by filing over the pros and cons of being Slenderman's vessel. There was what Slenderman thought of pros and cons, but they wanted to make a more personal list of them.

Pros: Getting away from the suspicion that surrounded them after the fiasco, even if they get away and killing continues, they can't blame them because they weren't there. There's also not being lonely anymore and having someone else to speak to when they're not at school. They will probably live longer than the average human. Well they already were by 50 years but if they accept it'll probably be more than 100 years.

Cons: They will leave dear friends and their hometown and beloved Willow Vane behind. The mansion will be packed, and they won't have a moment of peace. They will have more responsibilities to deal with. They will live for a longer time; it won't be fun living longer than your friends.

If the pros list get longer than perhaps they will. Like their parents dying or not being able to find a decent workplace near Willow Vane. Or not being able to go to university near here. Do they have a university here? (Y/N) pauses their internal monologue to search up whether there is or not. No, they have colleges but no universities. (Y/N) gets interrupted from their investigating when the phone rings. The police. Did they jinx things when they mentioned their parents dying? What kind of luck would that be??

They pick up the phone "Hello? Is this (Y/N) (L/N)?" a gruff voice says "Yes? That's me?" They shift through the list, ready to write down their parents are dead "We are calling to inform you that after investigating you, that we do not believe you are the livestream killer." Oh. Is that what they're calling them now? It's an interesting name they guess. "Um, thank you for telling me, have a good day and I hope you find the killer soon." "Good day to you too." And he hung up. Yay? I'm not going to cross that particular pro off yet but at least now I can walk around without suspicion. No jinx here.