Ch 1: Trouble In The Forest

It was currently 12:25 pm. Children run through the halls of a dimly lit school, pushing one another and yelling about early lunches. The shouting became distant, and the teacher continued her lesson on Art, examining and calling students over to talk about their work. Only 4 more minutes and the rest of the school could be let out and (Y/N) can escape whatever the teacher had to say about their art.

You see, this particular teacher had a vendetta against anyone who dared to ignore her advice and did what they wanted with their artwork. It wasn't even considered advice, all it was, was her trying to push her ideas onto the students, of which when she graded the work, she would yap about how it wasn't good enough when she was the one who suggested it. (Y/N) had already decided to ignore and argue with the teacher for their final year so they could get at least good grades for university.

The artwork in question was a sculpture of a gold mechanical fish sliced into multiple parts, swaying back and forth, giving it the illusion it was swimming through the air. Life fascinated (Y/N), from the mysterious underwater depths hiding creatures' unseen to the living trees and plants that allow a variety of animals to live in and call a home. Bugs were no exception, anything that lives fascinated them.

Well, except humans. Humans existed only to destroy. They destroy the homes of animals, leaving behind nothing but barren lands, chopping trees and not caring if they are replanted, leaving no hope for the animals who lived there to ever rebuild their homes again. They abuse the minerals found in the Earth and keep it to themselves, selfishly creating a hierarchy so the rich don't help the poor. Not to mention how much the global warming they are causing.

But they couldn't keep talking crap about the subject, only 1 minute to go and besides, they were a human themselves. A hypocrite. They try their best though to stay green and leave as little of a footprint as possible. And 3, 2, 1, there's the bell! Just as the teacher was finishing with the student behind them on the list. Before she had the chance to rope them back in for a quick check-in, (Y/N) sprinted out the class to meet up with their friends. Ahem, friend, there used to be 5 friends but then they betrayed (Y/N) by lying about them and talking shit behind their back.

At least they had one friend left, even if that friend used to be their rival. I guess the phrase "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" really applies here. Secondary school (high school for you Americans) is hell, when they get into university, it'll be better. "Ayo, plant lover! What's got you running like Olympic athlete?" A girl called out at the end of the hallway, wearing round glasses and eyeliner, Hailey, both a rival and friend. (Y/N) smiled and panted as they slowed down.

"I almost got held back in art so I bolted, you know I can't stand her." (Y/N) says, taking quick breathes in between talking. Hailey huffed a laugh and patted their back "Okay, whatever, now come on, the club is talking about Creeypastas again. We need you there to stop them and get back to working on our section of the play again." She walks to the door covered in stickers and opens it, allowing (Y/N) to step in and watch the chaos.

"I'M TELLING YOU! TOBY LOVES WAFFLES!" "NO HE FUCKING DOESN'T! HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE ORIGINAL STORY? HE'S NOT EVEN PART OF THE CREEEPYPASTAS ANYMORE! AND YOU! CLOSE YOUR MOUTH! MASKY AND HOODY ARE THEIR OWN SEPARATE THING! THERE IS NO PROXIES!" (Y/N) stood in front of the whiteboard, looking over the 10 people present, all of which are arguing over the Creepypasta myths.

Hailey stands beside them, leaning over and whispering into their ear "By the way, your vine tattoo looks more constricted than usual, its very coiled." (Y/N) looks down at their exposed arm showing a vine wrapping around it. A closer look at it revealed Hailey was right, it was tighter than usual and there's pain coming from it too. "You're right, I don't know how I didn't notice the pain earlier." They rub their arm, and the vines loosen a bit, finally relived that they've been noticed.