Ch 7: Maintenance

14:09 pm. It's been a few weeks since they got here, they met all the pastas that lived here and met new pastas that didn't want the shelter the mansion gave. Either due to rivalries between pastas, already having a safe space to return to or any other reason they had for not wanting the mansion. It's also almost 3 months since made the deal. Even with all the practice they put into mastering their new and old abilities they were still discovering new ways of doing things and settling with the fact they were 2 in 1 body. Thinking, remembering, moving and talking in the same space was challenging even if half the time the other wasn't actively doing any of those things. They managed albeit with difficulty. They had to if they wanted this to work.

There was also their senses, humans had 5 main ones, being forest guardian gave another 1, and 1 more if you counted instinct/chance. Slender however gave more, static mindreading, knowing where the proxies are as well as his brothers, shifting skin to cover his face, the ability to know if they were being stared at and his tendril appendages. It was a lot and (Y/N) found themselves huddled up in a corner, not being able to breathe, they couldn't handle it, tears spilling, voices not heard. They couldn't breathe, like back then, I couldn't breathe, back in the lab, my head hurt, where I saw it, it hurts. Calm down. It's just memories, you're safe here. It was too much sometimes.

That was not to mention it produced funny moments. Yeah, where they accidently activated different components Slender had previously. For example when they were playing a horror game with Helen and Ben suddenly popped out of the screen in an instant, acting like the woman from that one film where she crawled out of the TV. The Ring. That. And they jumped so hard that skin covered their face like Slender, Ben sat there laughing while Helen stifled his chuckles. They wriggled around, pulling and scratching at their face, panicked before calming down and figuring out how to release it. A mini me. They thought they were suffocating before realising they could breathe through the skin, also see out of it.

So yeah, mastering their body and mind was going great. When they received each other's memories, they couldn't hear what was being said nor hear what they were thinking so all they had was the visuals. They could understand most of the memories with context shown in the memories, but others required asking the other what was going through their head at the time. Which brings them to the present where they were currently looking at the mansion's blueprints. It was built with threats and violence sure but how was the electricity and water supply done?

They sat in their office chair, looking at the blueprint laid out on the table. They rub their temple and lean back into the comfort of the chair "Tell me, how the fucking hell did you manage to implement these? I should have questioned this ages ago with the knowledge of what Ben does, but it didn't occur to me before." They brought their computer into the office so they could do better research for the pastas and not have to rely on Ben. They load up the mansion bills Slender has somehow been paying.

Magic. They roll their eyes; they need a real answer please. Fake identities, fake descendants and fake human disguises. (Y/N) looks at the bills and goes to open their mouth but Slender beats them to it. "The money is sourced from the multiple stakes we have in billionaire companies and other companies where we are CEOs of. They close their eyes and nod, not wanting to think of the responsibilities they would have to deal with now.

I know it would be suspicious to immediately to have the current descendant pass away and for you to take control since there isn't evidence that you know the descendant. We can say you became pen pals after meeting online and you looked up to him as a mentor/parental figure. Before the university starts up, we can have a letter saying you can stay with him during university and he can pass away shortly after, leaving everything to you in his will. That sounds complicated, we'd need to start leaving crumbs today with the online footprint.