Chapter 6

Six months have passed, it was the time around Holi as month of phalgun was going on. 

"Shubman we will keep next week off.. as your father informed me , that you are going to your in-laws.." the old man informed and Shubman nodded.

"ji masterji .. thank you .." 

He was being given home tution, as his father has seen these kind of paathshalas being conducted in Bengal when he went there. 

"ye vala paath pdh lena jarrur ..." 

Shubman picked his master's bag to leave him at the door after touching his feet down . 

"have you packed your belongings my son.." his grandmother asked , he looked up from his plate of food "ji dadi .. I will check once again.."

"hmm good.. Nitya must be waiting .. for you .. after all it's your first Holi together.." 

This time his mother chirped enthusiastically but Shubman know better , he can see the hints and meaning of wait his parents saying. 

He was going to be sixteen soon , his friend has told him and even given him some books . Shubman held his tongue not wanting to ruin their little bubble. 

The dinner was done and now they were going to their respective rooms when he was called by his father "Shubman.." 

"ji pitaji.. "

"sb thik to hai na beta.. mera mtlb tumhare aur Nitya ke beech.." 

Shubman tsked seeing the nervousness on his father's face. "pitaji sb thik hai , you don't have to worry .. " 

"haa vo me bs.." the man stepped back when Shubman closed his room's door at his face and walked back dejectedly .

"are you also waiting for me ?" Shubman asked to no one particular, he sighed and opened his books. his eyes went to a small book laying on the table , his best friend has given to him saying "Jaisalmer se laya hu badi mushkil se.. english me hai .."

Shubman has not dared to open it knowing how stupid Abhishek can be but right now he picked the book , there was no one in his room not even Nitya.

He was again checked and opened the book, his eyes wondered pages to pages and tsked "what is new about it.. it's all about kaamsutra .. just translated in English.."

He was about to close the book when his eyes went to the last drawing on page 35, his hand clutched the book tightly , it was two boys hugging each other .

Shubman turned the pages , his breath heavy there were many drawings of boys interacting with each other sexually. 

"I knew it.. I knew it.." he mumbled , his voice small and closed the book. He stood up to find a place where he can hide this book . 

"hey bhagwaan .. Abhi ko ye book kha se mili .. " 

This time once again, Shubman was eagerly sitting in the cart , they were near the village but did not ask to his father like first time . 

"khamba ghanni chaudhary shaab... pdhariye.." the voice of his father-in-law made Shubman look in that direction . 

They were taken inside and the luggage was carried out by the servants. "are ye sb kyu ..?" Mr. kishan asked and his father hugged the man "ye sb to riti riwaz hai .." 

They were here with Holi's sindara for Nitya. 

"Maa oo maa .." the talks were cut by Ishan's call who came running inside , his clothes drenched in water .

"dekho na Sawant ne mujhpe pani daal diya.." he whined still unaware of the guests and his mother walked up to him "tumhe bhaar jane ke liye mna kiya tha na ..  chlo ab kapde change karlo .."

"hmm varna bimaar pd jaonge." his grandmother added and he ran upstairs to his room, not knowing the following eyes. 

"to koi rishta aaya hai ?" his grandfather asked and father-in-law nodded.

"aaya to hai pr.."

"pr kya kishan shaab .. Ishan ki shaadi to karni hai . aur vo kaunsa sasural jayenga .. " Shubman was not liking it , his father was right but topic was not right . 

"haa me bhi yhi bol rhi hu isse pr isne bs uske 14 saal hone ki ratt lga rakhi hai.." Nitya's grandmother replied glaring at his son.

"haa to maa ek hi to saal hai .. aur itne saari ladkiyon ki shaadi thodi na ho jayengi.." Shubman took a breath of relief when every have to agree. He has one year to think and take action . 

Shubman was given choice to sleep in any room , whether with Nitya or with Ishan, the trio was walking upstairs . 

"acha to jiji , jiju saa mujhe na neend aa rhi hai .." Ishan said, he was not blind, he can see his sister wants to talk with Shubman who looked at him .

"Ishu abhi kha aaja baatien karenge na.." Nitya suggested but he shook his head "nha jiji.. aap dono kro .. me fir kabhi kar luga aur vaise bhi ab to jiju saa yhin hai kuch dino ke liye.." 

He did not look at Shubman even once and walked ahead to his room, leaving both alone but Shubman can't form a conversation with his wife .

"Nitya can we talk tomorrow .. I feel tired.." and the girl nodded "yeah .. I just got little bit caried away.." 

The morning came , Shubman looked outside from the window, rajwado ki subh . His eyes went to the back ground where Ishan was running behind a kid of goat . 

"oho ruk to .. " the boy whined when the baby again ran making Ishan struggle and Ishan looked upward seeing Shubman laughing.

"ooo jiju saa vha se kya haste ho .. himmat hai to ise pakad ke dikhao .. "

"aur agr dikha diya to .." 

"to kya?" Ishan asked his hand going to waist. 

"to mere saath haat (market)  chalna hoga .. aur apna sara gaon ghuamana pdega .." 

"ha ha  dekh lege .. phle pakdo to shi.."

was it Shubman or Ishan was really changing , his facial features were a little sharp from last time and his hair were grown long. 

"aee jiju saa kya hua .. ab vhi upar se pakdoge kya..." and the boy giggled making Shubman's heart flutter . 

"ruko aata hu bs tum bhagna mat apne baari pe.."  and he ran outside the room , then to backyard.

----------------------------------Ocean_215--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading it.