Closer

"That was amazing! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much seeing someone turn and run. You should have seen the look on his big ugly face when bunny came running at him." Merlin says as he is with Alexis outside at night.

"Is that how you look at everything? With your eyes." Alexis says as Merlin looks at her.

"Well yeah. Why?" Merlin asks.

"It's just you always talk about someone's looks. Never really anything else." Alexis says.

"I do? I don't think I do that much... But I can't wait for you and Red Shoes to see me. The real me." Merlin says as Alexis smiles at him.

"Are you only concerned about mine and Red Shoes opinions of you? And besides what kind of Merlin is the real you?" Alexis asks.

"Well I would like both your opinions. You might not believe it but the real me is famous, handsome and even popular. Not short, stumpy and green." Merlin says in disgust as he looks at his hands.

"And what's so bad about that? I like this side of you Merlin. Despite your appearance and besides I don't care what you look like. Just the person underneath. To me you're amazing and really charming." Alexis says as she smiles softly.

"But this me is horrible. I look nothing like my real self." Merlin says.

"Merlin your appearance isn't what shows the real you. The type of person you are does that." Alexis says.

"Perhaps I'm not explaining it right. If you saw the real me you'd know exactly what I mean." Merlin says as he sighs.

"Merlin that's just it. I do see you. The real you. I see your kind heart and personality. Looks are just that. Looks. It's what is in the heart that counts. You're still you and I like that you." Alexis says.

"Here. Close your eyes and imagine the real me." Merlin says.

"Merlin." Alexis says as she playfully glares at Merlin.

"I guarantee you it'll be different. Please just try." Merlin says as Alexis shakes her head and closes her eyes.

"I think I do feel something different..." Alexis says as she blushes slightly.

"Really?" Merlin asks.

"But eyes opened or closed to me you're still Merlin. Who am I to you?" Alexis asks curiously.

"You?" Merlin asks curiously.

"Yeah. Who am I to you? I told you who I thought you were." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Fair enough. Well I see you and Red Shoes as a gift." Merlin says.

"Oh. Me and Red Shoes?" Alexis asks as she looks down slightly.

"Yes. But I see you as the gift that will transform me into someone amazing. Red Shoes I see as a blessing and given me and my friends company that was long needed. But you you're something else. You're something beautiful on the inside and out. You have a such a kind heart I envy it honestly." Merlin says as he smiles.

"You're kind too." Alexis says.

"But not like you are." Merlin says as he sighs.

"You are in your own way." Alexis says as she smiles earning a smile from Merlin.

"I'm glad you feel that way. Anyway miss Alexis we should be getting to bed." Merlin says as he and Alexis stand up.

"Right." Alexis says as she and Merlin begin to head toward the house.

"Oh and Alexis?" Merlin asks as Alexis looks at him.

"Yes?" Alexis asks.

"To be honest I value your opinions greatly and I enjoyed our talk." Merlin says as he smiles causing Alexis to blush.

"I enjoyed it too Merlin." Alexis says as she blushes.