Real Self

"So here I am. All the real me. I bet you're disappointed huh?" Snow White asks as the group is sitting around a fire.

"You're the girl from Golden Goose Avenue and you're the missing princess from that kingdom. Red Shoes!" Merlin says in alarm.

"That's not my name it's Snow White." Snow White says.

"Princess Snow White? So your father is..." Merlin says.

"King White yeah. By the time I figured out his new wife Regina was a witch he'd already disappeared. And the monsters who attacked us were sent by my stepmother to get these shoes. I guess being beautiful is really worth that much to her." Snow White says as she looks at the red shoes.

"And the reason I'm here is because I ran from my kingdom after it was attacked once they found out I could turn into a beast. But all people ever see is a pretty face with me until they see everything else. Then all they ever see is the beast inside. So I decided it was better to leave than put the people who were kind enough to take me in through anything else." Alexis says.

"Have you thought about just giving them back?" Merlin asks.

"And give up their magic? If I'd given up their magic you wouldn't have helped us find my father would you? Would you?" Snow White asks as Merlin remain silent.

"Then you are no different than everyone else." Alexis says coldly.

"What does that mean?" Merlin asks.

"It means we thought we were both under the same spell as you and your friends. But I see now that we were wrong." Snow White says.

"We both were." Alexis says as she looks at Snow White.

"Listen I can't get into all the details but I'm under a curse too." Merlin says.

"Don't you understand!? We're not talking about curses anymore. We're talking about the kinds of spells that you never want to break... If you don't understand then I think it may be best you leave." Alexis says annoyedly as she and Snow White lay down and go to sleep.

*Timeskip*

"I guess he really didn't feel the same way as I do." Alexis says sadly as she and Snow White see Merlin and Bunny are gone.

"Let's just go." Snow White says as she puts on the shoes and the group begins walking before running into Merlin.

"The shoes. You're wearing them." Merlin says as he sees Snow White is wearing the shoes.

"We thought you left..." Alexis asks.

"You should take them off again." Merlin says.

"I can't." Snow White says as she tries to get the shoes off.

"You just had to make things complicated. Maybe this will help. Eat the apple and they'll slide right off." Merlin says as he holds out an apple.

"An apple?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Where did you get that?" Snow White asks.

"I want to help you Snow White. Please." Merlin says as Snow White nervously takes the apple.

"Red Shoes?" A voice asks revealing to be Merlin and bunny.

"Merlin?" Snow White asks confusedly.

"Wait. If you're there. Then who..." Alexis says as everyone looks at the other Merlin in alarm.

"What terrible timing you have. We're gonna have to do this the hard way." Merlin says before he turns out to be Regina.

"Regina!" Alexis says angrily.

"Such a tender family reunion. So sad we can't stay!" Regina says as she grabs Alexis and Snow White before disappearing.