Chapter 19: Beneath the Riddle Bridge

In the days that followed the Creek's revitalization, Raven found solace in the familiar shadows beneath the Riddle Bridge. The once-traumatized guardian now sought refuge in the quiet company of Roger, bringing snacks, toys, and the comfort of companionship to the place where echoes of Greensleeves lingered.

As the moonlit nights unfolded, Raven and Roger sat beneath the bridge, their connection deepening beyond the bounds of guardian and friend. The Creek, oblivious to the intricacies of their shared moments, continued to thrive with newfound life.

One evening, as they shared a quiet moment with the sound of the Creek flowing beneath them, Raven gathered the courage to ask the question that had lingered in her mind like a haunting riddle.

"Why did you call me, your only real friend?" she inquired, her voice soft in the tranquil night.

Roger, his gaze fixed on the moonlit waters, sighed before offering a glimpse into the shadows that veiled his heart. "I've been secluded for years," he began, his voice carrying the weight of solitude. "I made a mud friend, Creekie, to keep me company."

Raven listened intently, sensing the depth of Roger's isolation that went beyond the surface of the Creek's celebration.

"But," Roger continued with a somber tone, "as much as Creekie was my companion, there was always something missing—a real connection, a friendship that extended beyond the realm of mud and shadows."

Raven, understanding the loneliness that had haunted Roger for years, felt a profound empathy. The revelation of Creekie, a mud friend forged from solitude, painted a poignant picture of the bridge troll's secluded existence.

In the quietude beneath the Riddle Bridge, Raven and Roger shared a moment of vulnerability, their connection deepening with the unspoken understanding that transcended the enigmatic tales of the Creek.

The moon cast its gentle glow on the guardian and the bridge troll, as the echoes of Greensleeves faded into the night. The Creek, with its timeless tales and newfound vibrancy, stood witness to the unfolding story of friendship that had taken root beneath the shadows of the Riddle Bridge.