Chapter 32: Council of Elders

The sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink as Craig and his friends, accompanied by Valentino and Raven, made their way to the Elders' gathering spot. The Elders—Mark, Barry, and David—were wise guardians of the Creek, their knowledge stretching back through the ages.

Seated in a circle beneath the ancient trees, the Elders welcomed the group with knowing smiles. Craig, taking the lead, began to recount the whimsical events of the previous night—the grand proposal, King Xavier's unexpected encounter with King Haru, and the laughter that echoed through the enchanted glades.

As the tales unfolded, Barry, the most insightful of the trio, gazed at Raven with a thoughtful expression. When the stories reached the mention of Haru, he turned his attention to her.

"Raven, there might be more to this encounter than meets the eye," Barry mused, his eyes twinkling with wisdom. "Perhaps King Haru sought you out because your heart is pure, despite your dark appearance. Maybe you're more like him than you think—a hero with a pure heart."

Raven, taken aback by Barry's words, blinked in surprise. The Elders, always attuned to the currents of the Creek, sensed the weight of unspoken connections woven into the tapestry of the night.

Barry continued, "I recommend you watch the anime, my dear. It might offer insights into the kindred spirit you share with King Haru."

Raven, intrigued by the suggestion, nodded with a hint of curiosity. "You met The Haru, w-what was he like?" she asked, her voice carrying a mix of wonder and eagerness.

Barry, with a reminiscent smile, began to describe King Haru—his noble demeanor, his commitment to justice, and the enduring purity that defined his character. The Elders, with nods of agreement, shared their memories of the anime character that had become a legendary presence in the Creek.

The group, beneath the wise gaze of the Elders, felt a sense of unity and understanding. The Creek, always a repository of stories and connections, seemed to embrace the unfolding tale of Raven and her unexpected encounter with a hero from another realm.

As the sun dipped lower, casting long shadows in the heart of the Creek, the Council of Elders and the friends continued to share laughter, stories, and the timeless wisdom that connected them all in the enchanted embrace of Herkleton Oaks.