Chapter 52: A Bridge Troll's Courage

Cheyenne and Kenneth, having joined the alliance, approached Tabitha, Courtney, and Roger with determined expressions.

"We're here to help, y'all," Cheyenne declared, her eyes reflecting the same determination that had fueled her younger days in the Creek.

Kenneth nodded in agreement, "Take us to your sister."

Roger, pointing towards the attic, exclaimed, "Over there, follow the violets! It's leading to the attic! We must hurry, they wilt fast!"

Following Roger's guidance, the group ascended the stairs until they reached the attic. As they entered, a gasp escaped their lips at the sight of Raven lying peacefully in a makeshift queenly casket, cradling peace lilies in her hands.

Cheyenne, her worry evident, quickly checked Raven's pulse. "She's still alive, but we have to act fast."

A distressed murmur escaped Roger's lips, "We need midnight's pale, first kiss..." The room fell into a heavy silence until Tabitha broke it.

"Roger, you're our only hope," she said, looking directly at the Bridge Troll.

Roger's eyes widened in surprise, and he stammered, "What?! Why me? I'm the Bridge Troll. There's no way someone like me is capable of breaking spells!"

Courtney interjected, her tone firm, "Yes, you can, Rog. She's the one who saved you from the guttural loneliness you felt long ago. And, let's face it, you love her more than anyone else in Herkleton."

Roger blushed, his emotions laid bare, but his resolve strengthened. The realization that he held the key to breaking the spell fueled him with a sign of newfound courage.

"Alright," he said, his voice steadying, "I'll do it. For Raven."

With determined hearts, Cheyenne, Kenneth, Tabitha, Courtney, and Roger prepared to face the daunting challenge ahead. The Creek, now a haven for unity, echoed with the whispers of enchantment and the silent hope that midnight's pale, first kiss would break the spell that held their beloved Raven in its grasp.