6

Slowly pushing in on Rose as she sits, flanked by people in heated conversation

Slowly pushing in on Rose as she sits, flanked by people in heated conversation. Cal and Ruth are laughing together, while on the other side Lady duff-gordon is holding forth animatedly. We don't hear what they are saying. Rose is staring at her plate, barely listening to the inconsequential babble around her.

At the far end of the gryffindor table, Colin Creevey is observing the girl with furrowed eyebrows hoping she's okay, he got over his obsession with her after 2nd year and is now aware of how annoying he must had been, but that didn't mean he stopped caring for the girl-who-lived.

At the head table, Severus Snape, is looking at the the screen with a solemn expression on his face, he recognises that look, it's the look Lily gave when she had a lot of stuff going on in her head...

"I saw my life as if I've already lived it, an endless parade of parties and cotillions, yachts and polo machines always the same old narrowed people, the same mindless chatter. I felt like I was standing at a great precipice, with no one to pull me back, no one who cared or even noticed" old rose spoke in a Voiceover.

The great hall was stunned, was an understatement, no one knew the-girl-who-lived felt like that. Rose could feel the sympathetic gazes burning threw her head, too much was happening and rose didn't like it one bit, she was tired, the man she loved died 2 weeks ago, it was her fault. now she has to relive it? to what, shove it in her face that she couldn't save the one person who actually gave her a chance?

Rose needed to be away from her friends, whom were trying to talk to her, so she got up and left the great hall and sat down to take a breather, after a few breaths of collecting her thoughts, she saw a familiar redhead next to her. Ginny didn't say anything she just let Rose lean her head on her shoulder and let her emotions out, just whispering sweet encouraging words into her ears that were drowned out by Rose's sobs, she cried for the souls that lost their lives, she cried for jack, she cried because jack deserved someone better than her, she just cried.

Meanwhile in the great hall, chatter arouse pretty quickly, Draco and Snape were stunned, they didn't like that their image of the potter heiress was demolishing pretty quickly, no but Draco could relate to her in a way, he didn't have real friends the only person to fully love him was his mother, and Snape was confused, the potter heiress loved fame, didn't she?

seeing as the Weasley girl and the blue eyed girl wasn't back in the great hall yet, they decided to carry on with the movie.

Angle beneath table showing Rose's hand, holding a tiny fork from her crab salad. She pokes the crab-fork into the skin of her arm, harder and harder until it draws blood.

Molly Weasley, chocked back a sob at the sight of the girl she had watched grow from a scrawny eleven year old to a beautiful 16 year old hurt herself, it was overwhelming, she couldn't understand how someone can put so much pressure on a 16 year old, she would give Rose, and all her children, the world.