chapter 7; "Oh, The Honored One"

From that day, Satoru would always join Sukuna in hunting in the woods. Curses that were near were always curious about Satoru but didn't dare to come close due to Sukuna's intimidating presence.

Unfortunately, the news reaches through the woods gaining the attention of someone... unpleasant.

.
.
.
.

Satoru was just playing inside the house when suddenly there's someone knocked on the door.

Satoru was about to open it when he was suddenly stopped by Sukuna. It was a rare day when the curse didn't wear his veil inside the house since Kuna trusted Satoru enough.

Sukuna looked tense, he dragged Satoru to the closet and said "I need you to stay inside here and hide, don't make any noise, whatever you do, do not get out before I say so. Do you understand?"

The boy was quite surprised that the elder suddenly stopped him from opening the door. He was about to ask Kuna about the reason but he suddenly got dragged inside the closet.

"You can trust me, I'll keep my mouth shut." The boy nods his head. Kuna's words are enough to leave him anxious and tense. He looks down on the floor, keeping his mouth shut as the door is closed. With his small hand, he covered his mouth quietly, trying to make sure he didn't make any noise at all.

Sukuna looked uneasy at whoever was behind that door. Satoru peeked through the cracks and saw a tall, black-haired man with bandages on his head, talking to Sukuna.

Sukuna only looks at the man with a blank face, hiding his expression perfectly. The man suddenly asked

"I heard you took a kid with six eyes here, I didn't expect you to be soft like this, Sukuna"

Sukuna tensed and said to the man, whatever he was doing it's not the man's business

"It was none of your business. I  would rather not have you meddling in my affair-"

Sukuna was cut off when the man suddenly grabbed Sukuna's jaw and clenched it tightly

"It is my business. Why didn't you report anything to me?"

A sudden burst of shock appeared on Satoru's face when he saw the man with stitches pull Kuna's jaw.

He could see Kuna tensed up by the sudden physical contact. He could see Kuna's expression was still emotionless and his eyes were focused on the man with bandages. Then Kuna replied with an emotionless voice.

"Because the boy with six eyes is none of your business. And I'd advise you to let go of me right now."

The man with bandages gritted his teeth and pushed Sukuna by his jaw to the wall beside the closet where Satoru hid, making Satoru hear and look more clearly

"You become more daring when I'm gone, Sukuna. Where's the kid? Tell me. Now."

"I have no obligation to tell you."
Sukuna remains firm, mirroring the tone of the other man

The atmosphere is tense, both of the adults' curse energy clashes with each other's, making the air in the room feel heavy and suffocating. Satoru silently curses himself for not mastering infinity because he can feel the awful aura suffocating his lungs. And the fact that the man with bandages became increasingly violent didn't help