chapter 14; Sukuna's past

They forbid Satoru to come along with Sukuna, so Satoru can only sneakily slip into the cold place at night. Uraume was already asleep beside the fireplace. Meanwhile, Sukuna was drowned in scrolls.

He was shocked by the gloomy environment. There are no comfortable places here. The entire place is littered with clouds of dust, dirt, and cold. There is no proper insulation, just one single fireplace at the corner, which is hardly enough for one person. The entire place is filled with cobwebs and dark. Satoru's body was shaking from the cold.

He never flinched so hard when a cockroach crawled past his feet. He was grateful that he had infinity on, even tho the insect just crawled past. His fiance had to suffer in this type of place for a week??

Satoru quickly spotted his beloved. Sitting behind Chabudai, reading a bunch of scrolls with a small candle as his only source of light. He then approached him and sat down behind him, wrapping his arms around the waist of the smaller male. "Satoru? What are you doing here? It's late at night." Sukuna briefly looked at him with his secondary eyes.

"I sneak out... Anyway- Sukuna! It's cold! And you're tired, right? We should sleep soon. You should get some rest. It's late at night, come here and we will sleep on top of my haori, this floor is disgusting. I can share my body warmth with you. That way, you'll be safe from illness, too." His voice was full of gentle care and warmth. It had that nurturing, soothing aura about him. He was feeling worried, protective, and concerned regarding his fiance's well-being.

Sukuna chuckles. "I'm fine, I can control my body heat perfectly fine. Besides, Uraume has already swiped the floor. It's not that dirty."

Satoru cringes at the sight of the floor. "Really? Maybe you're fine, but you're still tired, right? Come here, let's cuddle. I'm sure you can sleep easier if you're not alone and you can sleep in my haori. I'm sure it'll also be warmer if you lay on top of me. I don't even mind being used as a human cushion for ya." Ain't no way he's gonna let Sukuna sleep - let alone stay on top of this dirty floor. His fiance deserves better than this. Clean tatami, clean-wide futon, warm room, etc.

Sukuna sighs. "Don't mind about me, how about you? I'm sure you're not used to this kind of environment. You're going to get sick yourself." He was more worried about Satoru, rather than himself since the brat was shivering like a baby deer.

"I'm fine. Don't worry. I don't even mind catching a cold because of this. As long as you're fine, I'm fine. Even if I get sick, I'll just cast the reverse curse technique on myself. So let me be selfish and comfort you." Satoru whispers to his fiance's ear as he snuggles to the back of Sukuna's neck.

Sukuna sighs. "No matter what age, you're still a brat, huh? You should worry about yourself more." Kuna smiles fondly and just casually sits on Satoru's lap. Sukuna is not joking. He can control his body heat just fine. Sukuna is so warm, warmer than him, Sukuna is his portable heater at this point.

"You always need me to take care of you, huh?" He said with his gentle voice as he ran his hand through Satoru's hair.

Satoru's head immediately laid on his fiance's shoulder. He closed his eyes while enjoying the warmth of his Kuna. It brings back nostalgic feelings, of when Sukuna would run his hand through his hair till he fell asleep 10 years ago.

"Yes, I always need you to take care of me. I never get tired of being dependent on you. I love you taking care of me. It makes me feel safe. It's comforting." he said with his sleepy voice.