7. The Friend

I walked down in the streets of New York wild and free!!! I just quit my job and life looks peaceful... do what your heart says they say... I know I need to get a job but first let me stop and smell the roses! I have a space rented as a bar, so that would give me enough money till I find a new job to keep myself occupied.

I'm Shelby, 24 years Asian-American with prominent American genes I should say!

I went to my bar, ordered my usual - Long Island ice tea and was sipping it, enjoying the soft rock music when a man sat next to me.

"How's it going?" He said with an Italian accent. I turned to have a look at whoever this is... "ohhh your face is so familiar may I ask who you are?"
"Carina... I've seen you working at the salon downtown West Village, I come there often for my hair cuts, I'm Vincent" he said in one go.
"Ohh right! I remember... and also aren't you the one with a cool apartment?" I asked amused.
"haha who said so" he asked teasingly.
"The ex coworkers who deliver your hair products say so" I said

"Ex coworkers? aren't you working there anymore?" He asked.

"Nope. I quit today! I'm just taking a break, enjoying a work free life for sometime" I said with great enthusiasm.
"Umm so basically a free bird aren't you?"
"Yes, kind of, by the way I'm Shelby"
"I know Carina... " he said with a wide grin.
"What is Carina? What does that mean? Wait! Are you Italian?" I asked.
"You are cute! That's what it mean" he said cheekily.

We talked while sipping our drinks. Vincent, 52 years old bachelor, is a New York Italian and runs his own business as a wine exporter from Italy. He invited me to his apartment to hangout during the weekend!
"Wear something nice Carina, pretty figure you got there" he said while squeezing my cheek.
"See you in the weekend Vincent!" I waved while walking to my car.
It's finally Saturday and here I am checking my outfit in the mirror.

I reached his apartment after a 30 minutes drive and as expected he was waiting for me in the parking lot

"Woah Carina!!!! look at you! like a Greek goddess!" He took my hand for a quick spin and then gave me a bouquet of roses!
"This way" he showed me the way to the elevators and within minutes we reached his apartment.
As per the details, it was wayyyy more beautiful than what I've heard! The balcony looked so cozy with a caramel sofa bed and a coffee table facing the sea from far. The living room was cozy with beautiful timeless interior and furniture.
"How do you like it?" He asked
"Omg Vincent! Your apartment is BEAUTIFUL!!!" I exclaimed.
"Let's sit by the balcony, the view is pretty out there" Vincent said.
We sat on the sofa bed and was looking at the view when suddenly I felt a pair of hands spider tickling my sides.
"Ahahahahahahahaha stopppp!" I laughed.
"are you ticklish?" Vincent looked so mischievous that I gasped.
"Hell yes!!!"
"I see...while you are here, let's do something fun! First of all tell me, do you ever wish to explore your tickling spots? Like maybe in an interesting way? Also within limits?" Vincent was charmingly serious.
"Umm I don't know Vincent, but sure...maybe..." I agreed.
"Alright Carina! be right here, I'll be back"
Vincent came back with a bottle of red wine, a jar full of ice cubes, three scarves, paint brushes, markers, body paint and tissues.