XV.Dad..

Hi folks, so before we start, I just gotta let you guys know that the story is gonna start getting intense from this chapter onwards. The past chapters have been just comedy and romance and entertainment overall but now since we have established a stable storyline, it's time we step up the plot. So get your popcorn ready! Hehe.
———————————————————————

(3rd POV)

Shivansh's eyes widened in surprise at the
mention of their father. He hadn't seen or heard from him in years, and the sudden news of his arrival left him feeling a mix of emotions.

"Sayu, did you know about this?" Shivansh asked, turning to his sister for answers.

Sayunkta shook her head. "No, bhai. I just received the text. I had no idea Dad was planning to visit."

Shivansh felt a knot form in his stomach. His relationship with his father had always been strained, ever since their mother passed away. He wasn't sure what to expect from this visit or how he would react to seeing his father after so long.

"I will prepare for his arrival tomorrow," Shivansh said, his voice filled with uncertainty.

Sayunkta placed a reassuring hand on his arm. "Don't worry, bhai. Everything will be fine. Dad is coming to celebrate my engagement. It's a happy occasion right.."

Shivansh nodded, his mind was filled with thoughts of his father and the impending reunion.

*Flashback*

In a time before the weight of the crown settled on his young shoulders, Shivansh was just a carefree child merely four years old, with Sayunkta, toddling around the palace. Their father, King Uday Singh Rawat, ruled over Jaipur with wisdom and compassion, and their mother, Meera Uday Singh Rawat, was the heart of their home.

A perfect royal family right?

But their perfect life shattered when Meera fell ill. Cancer crept into their lives, casting a shadow over their once-happy home. Meera's illness demanded all their attention, leaving Sayunkta to be raised by the palace maids, and Uday Singh became increasingly distant as he struggled to cope with his wife's deteriorating health.

As Meera's condition worsened, she called Shivansh to her side. With tears in her eyes, she gave him a small locket, a symbol of hope and love.

It became Shivansh's source of comfort and rey of light.

She whispered words of strength and courage, but Shivansh could see the pain in her eyes. And then, she was gone, leaving behind a void that could never be filled.

The palace, once a place of laughter and joy, became a silent and somber. Sayunkta's laughter no longer echoed through the halls, and Uday Singh retreated further into himself, consumed by grief.

At the age of ten, Shivansh was sent to a boarding school, where his father's visits were rare. It was there that he met Dev, who quickly became his closest friend. Dev was a source of comfort and support during those lonely years, and their friendship grew stronger with each passing day.

In college, Shivansh and Dev met Armaan, his easygoing nature and infectious laughter brought light back into Shivansh's life, and the three became inseparable.

When he turned twenty-one, With the weight of the crown now on his head, Shivansh buried himself in his responsibilities as the king of Jaipur, as his dad moved to US expanding the business. His friends, stood by him, offering their unwavering support. But despite their efforts, Shivansh remained distant and detached, his heart still mourning the loss of his mother and the betrayal of his father.