XXVII. Fated

(Shivansh POV)

That can't be. No way.
My- my mother's locket?

I mean I know she was there in that wedding where I very stupidly let go of my mother's last memory but- it can't be that it ended up with her?

"Um, Grace, can- can I see that?" I asked as my grip on her loosened.

She glanced at me for a moment and without question handed me the locket. As I opened it, my eyes read the same words again- the words I hadn't read in a long time. Yes, they did replay in my head but, reading them feels different.

"It's not what the world holds for you, It's what you bring to it."

A faint smile flashes my face. Maa.

"This is very special to me.." Grace whispered, her slender fingers tracing the locket delicately. "It saved me."

I frown at her word, "saved you?"

"yeah, saved me." She takes my hand and leads me to a nearby couch. " Remember when I told you about how I left my home when I was 18, life is not easy, but I managed but then three years ago. Something happened that really made me wonder. Is this life even worth living? I trust you Shivansh, I really do but-"

I cut her off, "Grace baby, I would never force you to share something you do not want to, I know it takes time to build trust, and I am here every step of the way."
Obviously I would not force her to share something that she does not want to or is not comfortable yet. Yes, we love each other, but there still are boundaries and I respect them. "You can continue, baby, I won't ask any questions."

(WHOLE FUCKING GREEN GALAXY THIS MAN IS)

She smiled at me, her eyes filled with fondness, and that is enough. I can live with that forever.

She took a deep breath, nodded, and continued, "yeah so something happened three years ago in Delhi that- that shook me to my core. It was bad. I couldn't eat, talk, do anything. I just wanted to give everything up and just-" she hesitates for a while, and I just held her hand, drawing patterns on her palm as a sign that I am here. I am always here for her.

Yes it pained me. It was puncturing my heart to know that she was about to- no shut up. Don't think about it.

"I was in a wedding in Jodhpur but my mind was nowhere to be found. I was just a physical living body. I had enough and that day I decided there is no point in living anymore.
I went to my balcony and I was about to take a leap when this locket, it- it appeared like sigh from heaven- I mean- from the sky, and landed near my feet.
These words.. it was as if someone is saying this to me and something flipped.."
She then looked me in the eyes, "Shivansh that day, I- I don't know if this thing would not have been given to me by whatever power in this universe- I would now have been here holding you hand-"

I quickly shut her off by capturing her lips with mine in a 'stop- speaking- type' kiss,
she can share with me anything, any stupid thing in the world and I won't give a damn, but the talk of her not being with me is something I won't tolerate.

"Remember this one thing, Grace you were made for me. Shivansh today stands here in front of you because of you, so never ever from this pretty little mouth of yours, mention the thought of leaving me. Understood?"

She looked up at me from her big doe eyes that were now slightly moist with tears, and nodded.

Now it was my turn to smile, " Now now , Are you ready for a small surprise?" I asked and she just looked at me, confused, but nodded again anyway.