detention

later that day after the classes ended jake and johnnie walked together on the hallway to detention. they didn't talk. johnnie felt awkward, he wanted to talk, but didn't know what to say. he was sure that jake was angry with him, because his bestfriend put them in this situation.

"i'm sorry" he said finally, breaking the silence and jake stopped his steps.

"for?" he turnes to face him. they were close, johnnie was afraid that the punk guy was  about to hit him. jake recently changed his style, he started looking more alternative and johnnie thought it fit him well. well actually, johnnie thought everyone would look better with an alternative style.

"for scuff." johnnie said scratching his neck.

"it wasn't your fault, it was tara's, actually. i don't think what scuff said was the best way to say it, but he was right. tara never, never shuts up." he says and johnnie is surprised. people doesn't usually say things like this about their partners. jake loved tara, everyone could tell who ever saw them together, but the last few weeks was different. nobody seemed to notice it, except johnnie. he always listened, because he loved drama and gossiping with scuff. jake started to get annoyed by tara. he sometimes left her alone at lunch and sneak out to smoke a ciggie. johnnie saw him. but he didn't say anything.

"i mean, it's whatever. it wasn't our fault, i'm sure about that" johnnie laughs, and jake gives him a smile, before stepping into the classroom.

detention was boring. it was only jake, johnnie and one younger girl. jake pulled out his phone and searched johnnie on instagram. he realised that he didn't even follows the boy, so he hit the 'follow back' sign on his screen. johnnie's phone buzzed in his pocket the second after. he pulled it out and checked the notification. he was such a social media addict, he posted at least eight instagram stories a day and he loved doing tiktoks. nothing serious, just lip syncing to emo songs, it didn't really mean anything to him, he just liked reading the comments, when he got some. he loved online attention. jake was quite the same. he loved being in tara's youtube videos and reading the comment after. people was all over him, he was always positive, funny and of course, handsome.

after johnnie accepted the follow request his phone buzzed again, he got a dm.

jakewebber9: im boooooooreeeedddd

johnnie smiled. he felt the same way. he opened the camera and looked around. the younger girl was drawing something in her notebook, and the teacher wasn't paying attention to them, so he raised his hand and took a picture of himself, showing a peace sign, and jake in the background looking down to his phone.

johnnieguilbert: *sent a photo*

jakewebber9: *took a screenshot*
jakewebber9: you sneaky bitch

johnnie almost laughed at this message, but he hold himself back.

johnnieguilbert: yea thats me im a sneaky bitch

jakewebber9: want me to drive you home after this shi?
jakewebber9: i know u dont have a drivers licence hehe

johnnieguilbert: shut up
johnnieguilbert: im gon walk but thamks

jake was a bit sad about johnnie not wanting to go with him, he wanted to talk with him more. he kinda liked him. he always thought he was cool, but johnnie always seemed comfortable with just scuff, and he didn't want to interrupt. jake opens his camera and takes a picture of johnnie's back, then sends it to him.

johnnieguilbert: you sneaky bitch

———

another chapter hehe i'm unstoppable 👹👹

luv yall you make me so happy with your comments aaaaaaaaa 🫶🏻

16/3/2024