world's best ex girlfriend

jake was happy and he felt guilty about it. him and tara broke up yesterday, he should be sad and he actually is, but the happiness he feels over johnnie is way more powerful.

johnnie was so different than tara and it hurt jake to say, but that is the reason he like him so much. he was no trouble and easy to talk with.

he got up super early because he was so excited to take johnnie to school. he was sitting at the kitchen table, eating cereal when jillian walked in, she was in her pjs.

"why are you up so early?" jillian asked his brother. jake was already dressed for school.

"i'm taking johnnie to school" he smiled. it was probably his realest smile ever.

"when?" she asked surprised.

"in about an hour" jake answered. he seemed like a manic.

"you are craaazyyy" jillian laughed. "he is cute... but a little too shy for me."

"what do you mean, for you? you are fucking thirteen"

"fourteen, but whatever..." jillian rolled her eyes. "what about tara?"

"we broke up yesterday" jake said, and already felt so much less happy.

"you move on quick" jillian said and started walking back to her room.

"it's not like that with johnnie!" jake yelled after her.

[...]

johnnie was kinda late. he didn't put on makeup, because jake said he looked handsome this way and it make him feel really special. jake was a good looking guy, probably the prettiest boy johnnie has ever seen. he liked jake... like liked jake, but he would never admit it to him. scuff knew that he was gay (it wasn't a secret really), but he never told him that he likes jake. he would make fun of him, johnnie would laugh, but maybe when he would go home, he would cry.

johnnie couldn't think about stupid shit anymore, because he heard car honking near his house. jake arrived.

jake was tapping on the car's wheel nervously. he just tought about tara... more specifically tought about being in the same class with her after the breakup. sitting next to her even.

johnnie got in the passenger seat.

"good morning passenger princess" jake said, trying to hide his emotions. johnnie smiled.

"howdy?" he said, which made jake giggle. their first inside joke. " scuff texted me. he's not coming to school this week, so we don't have to pick him up."

"cool" jake said.

they had little small talks on their way to school, nothing serious. but when jake saw tara's pink car at the school parking lot, his heart sank.

"are you okay?" johnnie asked. jake was not so good in hiding his feelings afterall.

"yeah... let's just go inside."

that's what they did. tara was standing in the hallway, talking to a girl.

"look, it's jake, and he's new buddy" tara said, as soon as she saw them. she and the girl both had smirks on their faces. jake felt so embarrased. he would never speak to tara in this tone.

"good morning, tara. nice shirt" johnnie said, which made both jake and tara surprised. tara probably never heard johnnie talk. tara's t-shirt was black and it said 'world's best ex girlfriend". jake would tought it was hilarious if they would broke up in peace. but the fact that they had an argument and also the fact that the broke up happened only the day before, and tara already had a shirt like this made him mad as fuck.

johnnie grabbed jake's forearm and pulled him into the classroom.

"wanna sit next to me?" he asked. scuff couldn't even imagine how much he helped jake just with skipping school.

---

hiii
idk what to think about this chapter tbh it's kinda mid

i love tara sooo much idk why she's a bitch in all of my stories💀