car rides

johnnie woke up a bit late, so he decided he's not gonna put on makeup, just put on an outfit and do his hair. eventhough he was late as fuck he checked his phone, like always.

jakewebber9: need a ride to school?

he was sure that jake was a mindreader for knowing that he's late, but he already told scuff that he's gonna walk with him...

johnnieguilbert: i already promised scuff i will walk with him :'[

jakewebber9: i can take him too

johnnie smiles to his screen and types okay to jake. he doesn't really understand what happened, because they never talked before. like really never. but jake is just being friendly. johnnie sends scuff a message to be ready in 10 minutes because jake will pick them up. johnnie doesn't know what to do until jake arrives, so he actually starts walking toward jake's house. he asked his mom the day before about the new people in the neighborhood and she actually knew jake's parents, so she told him where they live. it's literally five minutes away. when johnnie arrives jake's already out, smoking a cigarette, leaning on his car.

"howdy" jake says smiling at johnnie.

"who the hell says howdy??" johnnie laughs a little.

"i'm from kansas, baby, i say howdy" jake replies with the widest smile ever. "you look handsome without makeup."

"so i look ugly with it?" johnnie smirks, but he stop after he realised that was kinda flirty. eventhough he is gay and jake is handsome he doesn't need to flirt with him. they just started to be friendly with eachother, and jake has a girlfriend.

"shut up, you know you're a handsome boy. you just wanted to hear it from me" jake laughs and opens the car door. "get in."

johnnie does what jake said and they go to scuff's house. the boy seems surprised but he get's in the backseat.

"howdy" jake says turning his head in scuff's direction which makes johnnie laugh. scuff seems confused, but he doesn't say anything.

they arrive to the school and get out of the car. johnnie and scuff starts walking in immediately, but jake stops them.

"why don't you guys wait with me until tara arrives?" he says and gets a cigarette from his pocket. damn, he smokes a lot.

"i mean, sure" johnnie says and walks back to the car and leans on in, just like jake does.

jake gives a cigarette to scuff and they start to smoke them. tara arrives a few seconds after and johnnie want's to leave so bad, but scuff still didn't finish his ciggie.

"hey... guys" tara says surprised.

"good morning miss yapper" scuff says with a smile. he really hates tara, but he can control himself when he needs to.

"that's actually a compliment" tara says and kisses jake, johnnie has to turn his head away. he didn't like people kissing in public, but maybe just because he was lonely. he never got his first kiss.

the four of them walk into school together. jake holds tara's hand, but his head is turned into johnnie's direction.

"you really should come to school bare faced more often" he says after looking at johnnie's face for two minutes. johnnie was blushing.

"yeah, you already told me i'm ugly with makeup this morning" johnnie laugs. jake just shakes his head smiling, and they walk into class.

the class is boring, like always, but johnnie's phone get's a notification

jakewebber9: school is boring i wanna kms

johnnieguilbert: real

johnnie heard tara's voice behind his back asking jake who he is talking with.

"johnnie, duh" jake answered, and tara sighed. johnnie felt like tara doesn't really like him, or scuff. she doesn't liking scuff was reasonable, he was mean to her. but why doesn't she like johnnie?

jakewebber9: imma take you home after school

johnnie's: why don't you take tara home?

he sent this message before realising that sounds kinda jealous... he really wasn't jealous, it was just a question.

jakewebber9: she has her own car and i wanna hang out w you

johnnie didn't replied, which for him means an okay. he actually didn't mind hanging out with jake. he would be happy to have a friend like jake, who's outgoing, positive and funny. he really loved scuff, he was his best friend, but scuff was a dick. everybody knew it, johnnie knew it, but he got used to him the way he is.

jake and johnnie didn't talk until lunch break. johnnie saw jake and tara on the hallway and they both seemed annoyed and angry. jake left tara and started walking outside. johnnie decided to follow him. he almost ran towards the boy.

"hi jake" johnnie said.

"hi johnnie" jake said without even turning around.

"can i come?"

"i don't know, can you?" jake asked. johnnie almost got sad, because jake sounded really really annoyed.

"may i?" johnnie asked.

"yes, johnnie, just don't talk for a second, okay?" johnnie didn't respond. he didn't want to be annoying.

jake walked outside, to his car, and got in. johnnie did the same. jake put on his seatbelt.

"are we going somewhere?" johnnie asked, they still had three classes.

"yes, i'm going home. do you wanna come with?" jake asked.

"i mean... sure" he responded. he didn't care about school.

———

new chapter 👹👹👹

idk i like this fanfic i can't wait for more chapters

18/3/2024