jake's room

johnnie and jake arrived to the younger boy's home and they both got out of the car.

"imma go home" johnnie said and jake raised an eyebrow.

"why?" jake asked. "i asked at school if you wanna come with me."

"oh, yeah... so it's okay if i stay?" johnnie asked just to make sure.

"of course, come on. nobody's home" johnnie felt good about this information. it would be very awkward if he would meet jake's family... in this situation, skipping school.

they walk into the house and jake asks the older boy if he's hungry, but johnnie says no. it's hard for him to eat in front of new people. jake's home was big. johnnie felt ashamed and he couldn't help but think about the fact that he could never invite jake to his home because compered to jake, he was poor as fuck.

"what's on your mind?" jake asked.

"your house is pretty" johnnie smiled. it was a fake smile obviously.

"yeah, well technically it's not mine. i just live here" jake laughed. they walked upstares to jake's room. it was pretty cool. he had a big tv on his wall and three minecraft swords above it. johnnie almost laughed. jake had his own bathroom, balcony and closet. johnnie was amazed, he wanted a room like this. "i like minecraft" jake said, and this little comment made johnnie laugh finally. jake smiled.

"sooo why did we skip school?" johnnie asked a few minutes after. they both sat on the bed.

"i think tara and i broke up" he says and johnnie turns his whole body in his direction.

"what? are you okay?" he's thinking about hugging the younger boy, but it would be weird.

"yeah... it was about time" jake gives johnnie a smile, but the older boy can see the pain behind his eyes.

"i'm so sorry, jake"

"nahhh man, shut up, it's okay" he gets up from the bed and starts to walk out of the room. "come with me"

"where are we going?"

"i don't know yet, i'm just bored" he says and they start walking downstares.

"what was that?" johnnie asked surprised when a sound came from the kitchen.

"no idea... nobody should be home" jake answered and told johnnie to wait for him right there while he goes to check where did the sound come from.

jake disappeared from johnnie's eyes when he went into the kitchen. he found jillian searching for something in the fridge.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" jake asked, and jillian jumped.

"i could ask the same. aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"aren't you??" jake asked and shook his head. "you know what? whatever, i won't tell mom, if you wont" jillian nodded. "i have a guest over and i kinda like him, so don't be weird."

"wait what? you like like him?" jil asked, but jake didn't answer.

"johnnie! you can come in" he yelled. "just be normal" jake whispered to his sister one last time.

johnnie walked in and he looked scared.

"johnnie, this is jillian, my little sister." johnnie waved a little. he didn't know how to handle social interactions.

"let's do something together" jake said.

———

i'm sorry😭
it took way too long to write this chapter and for what😭😭 it's bad

i'm sorry i'll try to hurry with the new one
byeee👹