late night talk

after detention jake and johnnie walked out of the building together. as soon as they left jake reached to his pocket for a cigarette.

"you want one?" he asked the older boy mumbling, because the ciggie was already in his mouth.

"nah, i don't smoke" johnnie said.

jake just nodded and walked to his car. he had a tesla which made johnnie surprised (like damn, he has a lot of money, having a tesla in highscool) and also disappointed a little (a punk guy who drives a tesla?).

"soooo..." jake started. "can i take you home?"

"i'm good" johnnie smiled a little.

"come on you live so far away!" he says trying to convince him.

"how do you know where i live?"

"because we live in the same fucking street dumbass" johnnie didn't know that and that was weird. johnnie really was a good listener, even a stalker sometimes, but not for anything bad. he was just bored. so it was weird, that he doesn't knew that jake and him lived in the same street. "yeah we moved there recently" he said, like he was reading the older boy's mind. "can i take your ass home?" he asked one last time.

"okay, yeah, let's go." johnnie said and walked to the other side of the car. he got in and put his seatbelt on. "a tesla, huh?" he asked.

"yeah, i got it for my 18th birthday" he said. johnnie almost gasped. he only got a cake for his 18th birthday, and jake got a whole car? that was something...

"cool" that's all he said and he just looked out the window. winter in los angeles... boring. it was the second day of december, and johnnie was looking forward for christmas. he loved it, not for the gifts or anything, he just loved being with his family. they didn't have a lot of money, so the gifts were always just little things, like clothes or mugs, but it didn't matter. he just loved helping his mom cook, bake, decorate, or play with his siblings. He has two younger siblings Josh and Margaret. Josh is 4 and Margaret is 8 years old.

"johnnie" jake said for the third time, because the older boy didn't pay attention.

"hm?" he replied finally.

"we arrived" jake says and johnnie says sorry for not paying attention. jake just laughs and after johnnie walked in the door, he drove a few more minutes, te get home.

as soon as he gets in he's phone starts buzzing, tara is facetiming him.

"hey tara" jake says while going to his room.

"wait you just got home?" the girl asks through the phone. she was beautiful, like always. nobody knew how she does it, she never had a bad hair, makeup, or outfit day. she was always stunning.

"yeah, i dropped johnnie home" he says and sits down on his bed.

"wait... who's johnnie?" she asks and jake shook his head. tara... tara sometimes annoys the shit out of him. what does she mean who's johnnie? he sits in front of them in any single class for 4 years now.

"johnnie. the emo guy" jake says.

"scuff's bestie?"

"yes."

"okay, well, whatever" she says and walks out to her car. "can i come over?" she asks, and jake says sure. they hang up.

jake goes to the livingroom and says hi to jillian, his fourteen year old sister, and his mom. they are watching some reality show until tara arrives, jake wants to go to his room, but tara wants to stay downstairs to watch the show. so she stays, but jake walks up to the bathroom, to take a shower and then goes into his room. his phone was on the bedside table and he got one notification.

johnnieguilbert: thanks for the ride :]

jake smiles at the emoji. johnnie looks and types like if he was stuck in 2012.

jakewebber9: anytime
jakewebber9: i'm so bored

johnnieguilbert: i thought you were with tara?

jake looks around like johnnie could see him in his room. he's even looking for hidden cameras for a second. like how does he know??

johnnieguilbert: tara posted an insta story in her car with the caption "🔜@jakewebber9"

jakewebber9: yeah i think the whole internet knows where tara is... all the time"

johnnieguilbert:  yeah haha
johnnieguilbert: well i'm going to bed
johnnieguilbert: good night :]

jakewebber9: gn

as soon as jake sent this last message, he falled asleep, he only woke up once, when tara told him that she was going home. he said okay, and falled right back to sleep.

———

hi hello hi

i know that johnnie's siblings are not 4 and 8 irl and jillian is also not 14, but it'll work out better this way with this story !!!

also i have a question...
do you guys ACTUALLY ship jake and johnnie??
or you just like the fanfics lmao

byeeee👹👹

17/3/2024