Chapter 6.9: continuation

Soon the bell rang, and the teacher came to teach. You sat straight and took your books out from the bag. Though the lecture was not boring, your eyes were still closing. Jay was looking at you from time to time.

Jay: (whispering) "If you're feeling sleepy, then sleep

Jay: (whispering) "If you're feeling sleepy, then sleep. I will tell you when the sir will come near."

Y/n: (looking at the watch) "It's okay, only 15 minutes left for the lecture to end."

You were trying to make notes, but due to sleep, your vision was blurry, and you couldn't see what was written on the board clearly. Jay noticed that and pulled your book and started taking notes for you.

You looked at him while he was looking at the book, but he knew you were staring at him.

Jay: "Don't stress your eyes much; your headache will increase. Also, leave after this lecture. I will inform Jeyhun to tell the homeroom teacher."

You came to school today just to see their match, so you couldn't leave before that. But you also knew Jay would not listen to you.

Y/n: (changing the topic) "No, it's okay, but how do you know I am not able to see clearly?"

Jay: "Have you forgotten? Jake and I play games till late at night, so we are used to staying up late. That's why I know the consequences."

You were wondering since morning why Jay and Jake didn't scold you as usual. But when Jay brought up this topic, you understood this was the reason. Staying awake is more like their routine, getting sleep for just 4-5 hours and coming to school or taking leave is nothing for them.

Y/n: "So you never feel nauseous because of staying awake?"

Jay: "I used to feel it, but in the past, now I am used to that kind of schedule, so I don't feel like that anymore. Also, nowadays we don't play till late, so we get sufficient rest."

You made an O face, and till then, the lecture ended, and the teacher went out. Jay stood up to go towards Jeyhun, but you held his hand.

Y/n: "Wait Jay, I will really manage till evening. It's just a matter of a few more hours."

Jay turned to you and kept his other hand on your hand and smiled.

Jay: (smiling) "I know you are doing this just because we have a match today, and we insisted you to be there that day."

Y/n: (smiling back) "No Jay, it's not like that, even if you wouldn't have said it. How can I miss the chance to support my best friends?"

Jay: (shaking his head) (sighing) "I don't know what I am gonna do with you, but promise me if you don't feel well, keep your fear aside and go to the nurse's office."

Y/n: (pouting) "But Jay, you know..."

Jay: (interrupting) "Trust me Y/n, they will just give you medicine. School doctors only prescribe medicine unless it's serious."