Chapter 7: Raising Tension

Meanwhile, on the basketball court,

Jay: (dodging the basketball) "Where is Y/n?"

Rose: (calmly) "She was sleeping, and since there is still time before the match begins, we thought not to disturb her and came to find you."

Jake: (raising his eyebrow) "But did you have lunch? And what about Y/n?"

Yunjin: "Not yet, that's why we came here to call you for lunch. Let's go."

Rose: (smiling) "Yes, we thought to call you both first and then wake up Y/n."

Jay: "We already had our lunch because of the warm-up, we got a break early."

Jake: "And I don't think even you both will get time to eat because you have to get changed for cheerleading too."

Jay: (throwing the ball down) "But the break is almost over. I think I should go check on her, and if she is still not better, I will take her to the nurse's room."

Rose and Yunjin tried to stop Jay, but he left without listening to them, while Jake picked up the ball.

Jake: (busy dodging the ball) "No use calling him; he will not stop unless he sees her."

Rose: (nervous) "But, because of the tournament, the break time is extended, and changing time is also after the break, so we still have 20 minutes in hand."

Yunjin: "Jake, why are you playing here? Are you going to go with Jay?"

Jake: (disappointed) "I want to, but I can't. I am the captain of the team, so I have to follow the rules. Once I enter the court, I am not allowed to leave until the match ends."

Rose: (sarcastic) "More like it's because last time he bunked the practice and went to the cybercafé. So, since that day, the coach warned him to follow the rules if he still wants to be the captain of the team."

Jake: (defending) "Hey, that was one time! That was a paid match (virtual game match), and I was already late, so I didn't have another option than going to the cybercafe."

Yunjin: (teasing) "Yeah, but you know what they say, once a rule-breaker, always a rule-breaker."

Jake: (grumbling) "Come on, guys, it's not like I do it all the time. Besides, I bet my whole pocket money on it, so I had to!"

Back to the first-floor staircase,