chapter 28

➪ just the two of us (ft. bill withers) -
grover washington, bill withers

✰✰✰

Maëlys' pov:

About 30 minutes later:

I don't notice that I have fallen asleep until I'm shaken awake again. As I slowly open my eyes and start to take in my surroundings I realize that we're parked in the driveway of my house.
"Well, hello there, sleeping beauty. You had a good nap?", I hear a Brum voice ask from my side. At that I turn my head and find Jobe watching me with a smile.

"How long was I asleep?", I yawn and stretch out my arms.
"About 20 minutes", he replies.
"Why didn't you wake me earlier?"
"You looked so peaceful so I let you sleep", Jobe shrugs. His answer makes me smile.
I then turn my head back so I can lean it on the headrest of the car seat and let my eyes fall onto the garage door. Pulling out my phone I look at the time and see that it's just after nine thirty.

"When do you have training tomorrow?", I ask Jobe. He looks at me confused for a second but then answers my question.
"Well, I have to be at the training ground sometime between twelve and one. Why you asking?"
"You want to come inside and stay over tonight? Seeing as you have some time in the morning it shouldn't be a problem, I guess", I tell him.
"I would love to", he replies with a smile.

Both of us then get out of Jobe's car and make our way towards the front door of my house.
"My parents are out with some friends. And I've got no idea where Mason is but since there's no light on inside I doubt that he's home either. So it's just the two of us for now", I say as I unlock the door.
After we've entered the house we take off our shoes and jackets before I lead Jobe to the kitchen.
"I just want to get a bottle of water from the fridge then we can go upstairs. Do you want one too?"
"Sure", he answers with a nod.

I quickly grab two bottles from the fridge before we make our way upstairs to my bedroom.
Walking into it I put the waters onto my bedside table and turn back around to Jobe. I find him looking all over the room.
"Your room looks really nice. It's very you, I feel like", he tells me, "This is actually the first time I've been in a girl's bedroom in general, you know."
"Really?", I ask in surprise.
"Yeah, I mean, I've only been on a couple dates with girls, but just never been to their rooms, I guess."

"So you've never been in a relationship?", I question.
"Nope, never been. However, I also never liked a girl as much as I like you", he says making me blush before he presses a little peck on my lips.
"What about you?", he adds.
"Well, you know about Darien. That was the only serious relationship I was in, I guess. I also dated a guy sometime in eighth grade but we were only together for like a month. Plus we only held hands, so I don't really count it."

"Darien was my actual first boyfriend and my first in a few things. Stuff like first real date, first kiss, etc. He didn't get my v-card though. He did want to but I never felt ready. Today I'm more than glad that I didn't give into his tries to sleep with me", I continue, "Sorry, I probably shouldn't tell you this."
"It's alright. I mean, I did ask you about your past relationship, so technically it's my fault", Jobe chuckles, "And I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough to share this with me, you know."

"Anyways, do you have any sweatpants I could borrow? I do like my jeans, but I'd rather be comfortable", Jobe says.
"Yeah, wait, I can get you some of Mason's. You're about the same height so it should be fine. I'll be right back", I tell him before I quickly walk over to Mason's bedroom and take one of his sweatpants.
"Thank you", he says after I am back in my room and have handed him the pants, "Also, can I use your toilet real quick?"
"Of course. Just go into my bathroom. You can change there as well. In the meantime I'll change into something more comfortable here too."