chapter 33

➪ smokin out the window - bruno mars, anderson .paak, silk sonic

✰✰✰

The next day:

Jobe's pov:

"When's Maëlys picking us up again?", Jude asks as he walks into my room dressed in sweatpants and a tanktop.
"Jude, why aren't you dressed yet?", I ask with an annoyed sigh.
"Why do you think I'm asking you when your girlfriend's gonna be here?", he just shrugs.
"Please tell you at least took a shower already."
At that my brother keeps quiet and presses his lips together.

"Jude!", I groan stressed.
"Relax, I'm just messing with you. I already showered earlier today and I also know what I'm going to wear. Just need to put it on", he laughs.
"Then do that. Maëlys will probably be here in ten", I tell him.
"See? That gives me just enough time to change."
"God, you're unbelievable", I say while rolling my eyes, "Now get out of my room and get dressed."

With a chuckle he does as I say and leaves my bedroom. I quickly check if I got everything I need and put on some cologne before I make my way downstairs.
A few minutes later Jude also walks down the stairs thankfully all dressed up.
"So, how do I look?", Jude says and gives me a 360 turn.
Rolling my eyes I let out another sigh and shake my head laughing.

"I'm serious", Jude chuckles.
"You look fine, mate. I'm sure Riri will like it", I tease him.
"That's the goal", he returns with a smirk not giving into my teasing.
"You are way too confident sometimes", I chuckle.

Before Jude can say anything in return the doorbell rings.
"Guess your girlfriend's here", my brother tells me.
I walk towards the front door with Jude trailing behind and open it. Standing in front of it I find Maëlys just as my brother suspected.
"Well hello there handsome", she says as she looks me up and down.

"Stop checking me out, you perv. Come in", I joke.
Laughing she walks past me at my invite.
"Hey, Jude", she says before she has to giggle.
"No, wait. Hey, Jude", she repeats in a sing song voice and hums the Beatles song making me laugh.
"Was that really necessary?", Jude asks as he gives her a short hug.
"Definitely", Maëlys smiles.

"So, are you guys good to go?", she asks.
"Shit, I left my phone in my room. I'll be right back", Jude tells us and rushes upstairs.
I just chuckle at him since I'm not surprised he forgot something like he usually does. Looking back at Maëlys I'm kind of disappointed she still has her coat on and I can't see what she's wearing tonight.

"You'll see my outfit when we're at the party, don't worry", she tells me as she notices my look.
"Am I that predictable?", I chuckle.
"Yeah", she smirks.
"Well, I'm sure whatever you're wearing under that coat you look beautiful in it."
"Stop", she says while blushing and tries to hide her smile.

"Don't you hide that smile", I respond. I then lean down closer to her so that our lips are barely any millimeters apart from each other. This time she doesn't hide her smile before she closes the gap and presses her lips on mine. I gladly kiss her back and put my hands on each side of her face.

"You guys are seriously disgusting", I hear Jude's voice behind me. As Maëlys and I pull apart again she just laughs at my brother's comment.
"We just kissed, Jude", she says.
"I still don't like it", he claims.
"Just shut up and let's get going", I tell him as I put on my sneakers.
After putting on our jackets we follow Maëlys outside to her car. Since she's driving I take the passenger seat and Jude gets in the back. Once we're all seated Maëlys turns on the car and starts driving.

———

Maëlys' pov:

As we walk into the house of Kaya's cousin we're met with a lot of people. As we make our way through the hallway I recognize some people from my school.
"Kai texted me she and Riri are in the kitchen waiting for us", I tell the boys. Both of them just nod at me and follow behind.