chapter 32

➪ come thru (ft. usher) - summer
walker, usher

✰✰✰

About two weeks later:

Maëlys' pov:

👤

My man😮‍💨🤍 = Jobe
Mamas🫣❤️ = Maëlys

My man😮‍💨🤍
you doing anything tomorrow?

Mamas🫣❤️
nothing
why you asking?

My man😮‍💨🤍
my mum told me to invite you over
since her and jude are here for a few days so she wants to meet you

Mamas🫣❤️
naw, i'd love to meet her too
i'm defo coming

My man😮‍💨🤍
perfect
can you come over around seven?

Mamas🫣❤️
sure, i'll be there

My man😮‍💨🤍
alright, see you tomorrow then
gotta go now though
i got training in a few

Mamas🫣❤️
have fun🫶🏽

———

The next day:

"Joley, thank god you're here", I say as I walk into the living room where she and my brother are sitting on the couch watching a movie.
"Hey, Maëlys. What's up?", she asks in return.
"I need your help picking an outfit. One that's cute but also appropriate for meeting your boyfriend's mum for the first time", I tell her.
"Are you meeting Denise today?", Mason cuts in.
As a response I just nod.

"Is that why you've been acting strange all day? You've got nothing to worry about. Denise is the sweetest, she'll love you", he tries to assure me.
"Maybe, I don't know. I guess, I just want to make a good impression", I shrug.
"You boys won't understand this, Mason. But meeting our boyfriend's mother for the first time is kinda important for us girls", Jolina explains as she gets up from the couch.

"I'll be back in a few", she says and pecks my brother's lips before she walks over to me, "Come on, Lee. Let's find you an outfit."
"Thanks, you're a lifesaver", I tell her as we make our way upstairs to my room.

"Okay, let's see what we got here", Joley says and walks towards my closet. She looks through my clothes for a minute or two before she pulls a dress from one of the racks.
"Here, try this one on", she tells me and hands me the dress. It's a light blue one with long sleeves and a slit on the right side.
I do as she says and quickly change in my bathroom.

"Damn, Jolina

"Damn, Jolina. How did you find this dress so quickly? I actually haven't worn it yet. I almost forgot I own this one", I say as I walk back to her.
"Well, it's a shame you haven't. It looks amazing on you. And it's also appropriate enough, you know. I bet Jobe will like it", she smiles.