Chapter Nine: This is Score Pub

A/n: For HauwaUmar854
Thank you for the comments❤️

Baila's POV

It really fascinates me how time flies. It feels like yesterday that I came back to this hostel for the first semester of my second year, I resumed my usual drastic life not knowing that some kind of blessing awaited me.. A blessing in form of a human, a human whom I made a critical and risky decision to help, a human I had gone out of my shell to help. I'm really grateful to Allah for not making everything end in my face.

When we were in Junior High, we craved to enter the Senior High in order to have the same privileges as our seniors. We thought, how cool would it be? And we did get there. Again, we were curious about the uni life, and here we are. That's how one day, slowly but eventually, we shall graduate, we shall work, we shall marry, we shall give birth, we shall get old and we shall die. And such is life. Time and tide waits for no man as they say, and the circle of life keeps rolling. We always meet to part and we always part to meet and whatever has a beginning must meet it's end.

We finished our exams yesterday and today's the last day I spend in school before my dad sends Filibus to pick me up tomorrow.

My heart has slowly been filled up with sadness since we started our exams. I was slowly counting down until I stop seeing Leely again, as we'll have to go our separate ways for holiday. Even though we'll definitely meet again in the second semester, I still feel like it's going to feel like ages. I'm really going to miss her. I do miss my dad definitely cause no matter how bad his personality is, he's still my dad and he's hella protective of me and I love him too, but the reality is that I really really hate living in that house. I've become so used to Leely that at this point I don't think I'd mind living with her forever. I really love her presence.

They're going to give us a one month break and I'm certain that this one month is going to be the longest month of my life until I see Leely again.

Funny how I had eagerly prayed for a change of life on my birthday and it's slowly coming to be. I really love this happier version of me, though it'll have to go dormant for a while before we come back to school.

Were in the center of the room and we've turned it completely upside down with my items. Leely was helping me pack because she's not packing yet. She says she'd stay a little longer but I guess not for long as the hostels are usually shut down a week after holidays.

"There you go!" Leely said as we struggled to raise the huge trolley up to push it across the wall for waiting until tomorrow morning.

Currently it's that 6pm-ish and I know Leely would start asking me what we should prepare for dinner any minute now. Remember how I mentioned that she doesn't joke with the three daily meals? I even wonder how I'm leaving tomorrow before her yet she's not showing any signs of sadness due to that and running her things in her usual enthusiastic mood. Or is it that she's feeling it too but she doesn't want to show it?

Anyways I don't think we should cook tonight because I have an idea for something special. Why not we order pizzas and soft drinks and have a girls movie night and watch one of Leely's disconsolate romantic Indian movies and cry our eyes out. But let's wait til she asks to make the suggestion.

"Ouf!" I breathed out tiredly. Packing can really be tedious atimes. I genuinely hate packing if not that it's necessary. But even at home I do it myself. Sometimes I don't really make the maids do for me things I can do myself. I sat on my bed, reaching out for my phone.

"So!" Leely began, walking towards me with folded hands. "Today's your last day on campus."

"Pretty much" I agreed, wondering what could possibly be on her mind.