Chapter Thirteen: All of this is a façade

Leely's POV

"Swears. I really loved that Da Hye girl too" I lamented, holding the phone in my right hand and my now empty tea cup in the other hand. I was walking into the house from the exterior where I was earlier sitted, just enjoying the scenery and having morning coffee.

I balanced the phone in front of the sink to wash the coffee mug and drop it before heading to the exterior again. But I thought that I could just leave the call on rather than cutting it off and reconnecting it again after I'm outside again.

I was talking with Baila on video call. It's almost a habit or some kind of routine now for both of us. We just have to see each other every single day through video call and just talk. Like topics of discussions are never ending for me and my girl. I always have something I want to tell her and she's always so responsive.

Actually we're polar opposite of each other, but there are still some things we shared in common. Like dance for example and Korean content. So we try to learn new dances together and it's super fun and also dissect or argue about some matters in the Korean entertainment industry. Like now for example. We're watching this survival show which is very common in Korea and they somehow eliminated a girl that we both like. What pained us the most was the fact that the girl was actually pretty talented. But oh well, she wasn't fated to make the final lineup despite being so talented.

The irony of life is that, you don't always get what you want.

In life, you just can't escape your fate no matter what.

Like me for example. I like to have a loving mother and father and live with them in a warm home. But I can't ever get that because it's not my fate. So I accepted my rather miserable fate and stopped chasing after something that wasn't fated for me.

"Are you trying to show me a live cooking vlog right now? My ears are grabbing some ASMR" Baila cockily inquired. She judged by the way I balanced the phone in such a way that it was displaying the view of the sleek kitchen and also by the rushing water which I was using to wash the mug I had used for coffee.

"Lol no" I laughed "I'm just trying to wash this mug I used. You saw me taking coffee when we started talking right?"

"Kinsan fa ni bana tara wanke wanke(you know me, I never keep dishes)" I smirked, feeling proud of myself for being such a neat little girlie. I don't know how I developed the habit of always washing plates or dishes as soon as I use them. I just don't know how to gather dishes. It's one of the things my Aunt used to like about me. I'd wash all of the plates everyone used after each meal.

My Aunt....

Why am I even thinking about her? Why can't I be able to erase her out of my mind forever?

Well, isn't that pretty impossible? I've lived most of my life with her and learnt most of the things I've learnt in life from her. So it'll be a little bit hard to erase her and her influence from my life completely.

Fahad came passing by, causing my heart to leap. Not due to any squishy feeling or anything, just out of fear. He winked at me and continued his way to the sitting room. He had taken note that I was on a call. I quickly looked back to the phone screen and moved in front of it to block Baila from seeing Fahad any further.

"Was that Fahad I saw or is it my eyes?" She asked, trying to look behind me.

Shit she noticed. The thing is, I told her that I left Kano to see more relatives in Abuja. She ought to be surprised since I didn't mention to her that Fahad was in Abuja or anything. To her, Fahad is still in Sokoto. So his sudden appearance in my video call would definitely raise eyebrows. And then everyday when we talked on video call, I told her that the house was my relative's. Definitely she'd wonder what Fahad would be doing in a home that's supposed to be my relative's since to her Fahad is like my boyfriend or something.