Chapter Twelve: Daughter of a governor's wife

Leely's POV

Before you know it, I've spent like two weeks in Kano. And yes, Feedo easily became the big sis I never had. She's just so down to earth. I've been living and fending off of her but she doesn't mind at all. What do you expect? She has the money after all.

Hajiya Salsabila still hasn't showed up in Kano and it's currently two weeks until we resume. I do hope that she shows up soon, but it's not as if I'm bothered. I'm having the best time of my life in Kano. Like, I've never felt so free in a long time. Feedo helped me in a lot of ways. She helped me financially by getting small gigs for me while I'm here. I attended some influencer outings and events and also got some photoshoot gigs that paid well. We also made snaps and TikToks and from her influence, I got more followers with each passing day. Feedo always had more followers than me so. You know the thing with social media fam is that they like social media besties. That's why I suggested the other day that me and Baila open a TikTok account to post our bff content. I know just how much they love such content. It's not even for the fame or anything. First is to preserve the memories and second is to show the whole world who my bestie is. I'm extra, I know.

I miss my girl too so much. From her snaps, I can see that she's not really up to anything interesting and I felt bad for her because I'm having my best time in Kano. I mean, I haven't even gotten the time to feel bored or sad. On days when I got no gigs, I accompany Feedohal to the filming set or go out to one of them restaurants or cafes.

I've had like one hundred million video calls with Baila since I came here. She doesn't even envy me for having fun while she's stuck over there. She's rather happy for me for having the time of my life. We'll definitely go on a secret trip to Kano before we graduate. It's a promise I made in my mind. She has been seeing Feedo on my TikTok and snap and that might have spiked her curiosity, but she didn't ask. I informed her anyways. I told her Feedo is my relative sorta, but I wasn't direct and she didn't pry either. Well I wasn't even lying. For real, Feedohal is the big sister I never had. She really has zero chills.

"Ba kya fushi, kiy murmushi, dan sanki na shiga raina, ko bani in kika tunani wannan shine muradina(your face is always full of smiles and your love is entering my mind. Even if I'm not around, smile when you remember me, that's my wish...)..." We were singing this Kewa song as Feedo drove us back home and I was snapping with my phone. We were coming back from Feedo's shooting which I had accompanied her.

Feedo's phone started ringing and I excused her, focusing the phone on only myself and ending the snap.

"Hello, Ina yini Anty. Lafiya lau wlhi. Ya naku. Alhamdulillah. Okay gobe? Da karfe nawa? Toh badamuwa xamu shigo insha Allah(good evening. I'm fine. How're you. Alhamdulillah. Okay tomorrow? By what time? No problem we'll come around insha Allah)"

"It's Hajiya Sa'a" she informed me. I know Hajiya Sa'a. Never seen her, but Feedo talks about her a lot. She's a very special person to Feedo, an aunt she never had. The thing with this Kannywood industry is that all upcoming stars you see have their godmothers who either brought them into it or helped them pave their way in the business. Hajiya Sa'a is that for Feedo. The thing is sort of like school mother school daughter relationship you'd find in boarding school.

Hajiya Sa'a is elderly, kind of in her late thirties and she's the perfect person who'd lead us to Hajiya Salsabila. Hajiya Salsabila is around that age range so she rolls more with Kannywood stars who are in that age range. The fact that Hajiya Sa'a is already a friend to Hajiya Salsabila is the cherry on top. We know we'd definitely get an appointment with her through Hajiya Sa'a. This is a lot honestly and I can't thank Feedo enough for all of her help.