Chapter Fourteen: A psychopath

Baila's POV

"Should we just go to Score Pub from there?" Leely asked, standing in front of widened wardrobe doors, scanning her eyes for what to wear. She's always indecisive when picking out clothes. Don't be surprised if she spend a good ten minutes staring at her clothes while thinking of what to wear.

"Well if you wanna go then we go." I shrugged, tossing in my bed.

We resumed school three weeks ago. On the day me and my best friend reunited, she hugged me tightly the moment I dropped from my Hilux in front of Filibus since he's the one who always open my door for me. I saw Filibus smile watching us. I can see how happy he is for me that I finally have a friend. As much as they try to look like it's none of their business, they're all aware of what's going on and how unhappy I am. So.

The break passed in a draw for me. It was like that breeze which brushes your face and leave a tingling sensation across your face. I don't know how I spent my holiday, but one thing I know is that, i sure was bored as hell. One thing that saved me from loosing my mind though was my frequent video calls with Leely.

As usual, my dad wasn't always around. So I divided my stay between our house and my grandma's place. I stayed more at my grandma's place whenever my dad wasn't around, but I also remained home alone when I wasn't feeling like going to my grandma's. That was how I spent my holiday. My aunt though offered that I come visit them in the country they're living which is Malaysia. I would've gone, but my freaking insecurities. I didn't want to go there and bore her daughters again or put myself in an awkward situation because I'm not comfortable around them. So I just stayed behind.

But my best friend for life spent her holiday well. I can tell from all of the snaps she sent me. First she went to Kano to one sister of hers and she had so much fun, I was almost envying her. They went to all of the fanciest eateries and ice cream parlors in Kano, attended fun events with other tiktokers...there's this snap of hers that I saw her in some kind of movie filming location. I did tell her I was jealous of her though for having all of the fun she deserved and she promised that someday we'd definitely go to Kano together. I don't know how, but I look forward to it. I'm sure Kano would be such a nice visit.

After spending some weeks in Kano, she travelled to Abuja again. Again, she went to all of these fancy restaurants. I also saw a lot of her snaps particularly in two beautiful houses which I deduced to be where she was staying in Abuja.

I was confused at some point. So Leely has all of these rich people she calls her relatives who have nice houses in Kano and Abuja yet none of them could pay her tuition for her?

I mean, isn't that a little bit baffling?

But oh well.

Once upon a time too I saw Fahad pass by while I was talking with her on video call. I could not believe my eyes. I mean, hear me out. What was Fahad doing in Abuja and the house she has been living for that matter? The last time Leely talked about Fahad to me was that day we went on that outing to Cherry On Top before she left for Kano. So it's only natural for me to think that Fahad is still in Sokoto. I was really surprised to find out that he was in Abuja, and find him passing by also in the home Leely had been living in.

She did clear the air for me though. Fahad would actually turn out to be her relative, her cousin. No wonder they were so comfortably touchy around each other. Cousins that fell in love. It's cute, but it can never be me though.

I just can't fathom falling in love with my cousin. I don't even know my cousins to begin with. All of them are scattered around the world and are all too full of themselves. My only cousins I'm familiar with are those daughters of my father's immediate older sister and that's about it.