Prologue 2/3

The days passed quickly, marked by the constant ticking of a hidden clock.
It's been 2 months and 3 nights since Evelyn and the princess have been hiding in the shadows of the clandestine room. Evelyn, perceptive and resourceful, listened intently at the door, extracting crucial informations from the footsteps of those who sought them ; for her, there were only two possible explanations : the soldiers knew where they were hiding, or they were taking more time than expected due to the arduous difficulties founded to break each iron door out of the 750 blended rooms of the palace.
She knew their schedule, their movements and their persistent chasing, all while guarding the princess with a vigilance forged in loyalty.

-"Evelyn.. I want a massage.. my back hurts soo much.."

The women turned her head, stoicly, with a spoon wood in her hand. This simple rotation caused a huge laugh within the princess, stretching out over the couch.

-"What? I'm tired of not doing anything!"

The women lowered her head slightly and continued to stare at her.

-"Okey, I admit it, I just love your daily massage."

Evelyn quickly let simmer the dinner in a low fire before taking off her raven apron.

-"How can I refuse such a compliment your majesty?" She retorqued, smiling as she approached her.

The room hushed into a smell of lavender as she began the rhythmic dance of a massage. The princess, burdened by the weight of responsibly, found a brief mental break. And Evelyn, the silent guardian, became the vessel through wich her tensions disappeared.

Beyond massages, her duties extended to chores of daily life. Laundry, once a boring task, now held a deeper significance. Each ganement she washed became a symbol of resilience, a reminder that even in isolation, life persisted.

-"Oh my god Evelyn.. there.. yeahhh~  perfect.."

Still massaging her, Evelyn's mind flirted with suspicion, wondering if there was more beneath the surface of her calmness.
Was it truly the massages and the carefully prepared meals that kept her indifferent to the chaos outside?
Or perhaps, the absence of attemps to break the door created a false sense of security ?
As Evelyn reflected on her long stay in the secret room, a lingering doubt persisted through her. She admired her strength and flexibility, yet her detachment remained a puzzle.

-"I love you soo much Evelyn."
Her smile slowly brighten as the princess pronounced those words. Then she turned her head slightly to make eye contact with her guardian. "I just admire how strong you are, you're doing everything to make me happy. Even helping me to have a shower. I- mmmhh~ I.. really appreciate it." She confessed as she rested her head in her hands, her back enveloped with pleasure and unable to hold back her little moans.

-"It's an honour, your majesty." She said while continuing to give her the best hour of her life. But still, she wasn't sure about her real feelings.

"Perhaps, it's my cooking ?" She thought.
Cooking was a form of artistic expression, a attempt to infuse joy into the confined space, however, it could never shield them indefinitely from hunger. The time had come to temporarily part ways with the princess, and to go bring the maximum of food she could find in the Royal kitchen. She knew she would doubtlessly find some soldiers outside her room still looking for her, or perhaps, ready to kill her as soon as she'll step outside of the chamber.

-"Your majesty, I'm willing to leave this room."

-"What?!" The princess suddenly turned her head to face her, despite the uncomfortable position she was in, she looked at her with rage in her teal pupils.

-"We need aprovisionnement." Evelyn replied, continuing to massage her back.

-"Wait, we have nothing to eat?" She asked, still in her position.

-"Apart from today's dinner, unfortunately not. Don't worry, your majesty is staying still in this room while I go to the kitchen. You're safe."