Prologue 3/3

The palace halls, once familiar, now felt like a labyrinth of uncertainty as I moved secretly in the shadows. Each echo of my footsteps resonated with the weight of the princess's safety on my shoulders.
Was I afraid? Certainly.
Would I go back? Absolutely not.

Navigating the passages became a dance, a careful choreography to avoid the eyes of the soldiers who patrolled every place with their red suits, blue trousers, and their black bearskin hats that probably weighted 7 kg.

As I turned, I came across two soldiers engaged in conversation. Swift and silent, I seized the opportunity, delivering rapid blows that left them unconscious without anyone noticing.

Reaching the Royal kitchen brought a sight of relief, and yet a sense of suspicion troubled me ; I expected to see at least three servants bustling around, preparing meals and tending to the Royal kitchen's needs, but instead, the room was empty with an unnatural silence and seemed untouched by external turmoil.

Despite this observation, I began gathering supplies with a sense of urgency, mindful of the limited time before the soldiers come. As I made my way back, there was something about the tranquility of the palace. It was as if the walls themselves held their breath, anticipating the next turn of events.

When I arrived, I found the door slightly open.
My mind was tangled.
I pushed the door automatically, and it was at this moment when I knew I had made a huge mistake. Letting go of all the provisions from my hands, my face changed from shock to anger.

-"Did you seriously think that you could protect her forever, Evelyn?"

To my astonishment, the infiltrator was none other than Henry Wägner, a single 52-year-old known as the prime minister whom the princess had trusted. His menacing intent unfolded as he revealed a plot to end the princess's life, a betrayal that cut deeper than any blade.
He tightened his grip on the fragile body of the princess, ready to take her life with a knife.

-"Please, release the princess."

-"And what will you do if I don't?" He said, moving the knife slowly around the princess's pale neck.

Despite the miserable situation I was in, in the incapacity to take any further action with the three soldiers in the corner ready to shoot me at any moment, I remained calm.

-"I'll do anything you want on the condition that you let her safe and sound."

-"Really? Well, if you insist..."

The man began approaching me one step at a time, holding his evil gaze at me. He stopped at a little distance in front of me, too close that I could smell his cologne or even see the pores of his face. I was still looking at him when he tucked a bit of my rebel hair behind my ear, still maintaining solid eye contact with his blue eyes.

-"You seem like you would kill me anytime." he said, smiling.

-"I would not risk my life with your three soldiers behind your back."

-"Wise woman," he said, lifting my head with his finger. I was boiling with anger."Now take off your clothes."

I started to pull off my white shirt, in a very slow motion, always looking at him. I could feel his impatience unfolding every second.
I took off my gun and threw it across the room in the utter misunderstanding of the man standing in front of me.

-"So that I wouldn't blow off your cock in the middle of sex. But I'm sure you'll have me killed when we finish."

I was half-naked in the middle of the room, in front of three soldiers, an innocent princess who would probably witness the most traumatic scene in her life, and a fucking aged moron who was still devouring me alive with his bare look.

Let's make his dream come true before mine.

-"Make me, Henry," I said, tilting my head slightly to the right with an irresistible smile, and eyes that shouted "please".
The man rushed towards me, and our lips crashed together fiercely, a mix of desire and anger. His kiss felt like he was claiming me, and it felt like he had been waiting for this moment forever. It was a powerful mix of desire, possessiveness, and control. I withdrew my lips trying to catch my breath, and he suddenly grabbed my right breast, massaging it while licking my neck.
I could hear the loud sobbing of the young princess.
My poor baby.
I gave her a smile from above his shoulder.

-"Shut the fuck up, Bitch!" Henry shouted, turning his head in her direction. "What about just killing you so that I'll enjoy my meal without some fucking background sounds?"

My body suddenly clenched. I switched my gaze from the princess to him.
But he smirked.

-..And since Eloïse is soo important to you..

He pulled a gun from his pocket, placed the princess next to one of the soldiers still standing, and walked towards me. I followed his actions as he lent me another gun and placed himself behind me, putting his next to my head. "You have a choice, Evelyn, kill her yourself and I'll make you my mistress, or I will kill you both." I could feel him smirking with impatience.
Henry's Mistress?
Great idea.
I looked at the princess; her face was frightened. Of course, her prime minister whom she considered like a father to her held a coup against her. She wouldn't trust anyone anymore.
But it's too late now.
I pointed the gun at my own head and pulled the trigger.
Of course dying is better than becoming his damn slave.
And truth to be told, I'm kind of satisfied with how I enjoyed my life. A dull life of a dull person which is going to end in a few milliseconds.
Am I regretting this?
No. I will always be loyal to the princess.
Is it worth it?
I couldn't care less.
The gun refused to fire.
Seriously?

I laughed softly: "You don't even give me a gun that works properly."

Perturbed, the man handed me another one.
I guess I'm simplifying the task for him.

As I poised to pull the trigger a second time, a voice intervened. "That's enough." the princess ordered. Seeing the soldiers bowing to her, I understood immediately. The staged coup was not a sinister plot but rather a test of loyalty made by the princess.
Shocked, I remained stoic, concealing my turmoil beneath a facade of composure.
What feeling was that?
Oh, dishonesty.
The person to whom I dedicated my life had orchestrated a false drama, leaving me to question the foundations of our relationship.
I don't know if I should be relieved that my life was spared. But why rushing to know?

-"Miss Evelyn, it was a loyalty test organized by the princess. My apologies for any inconvenience caused to you."

Asshole.

-"I see that." I said, smiling. I quickly grabbed my shirt to cover my chest.
A silhouette came to hug me tightly.

-"I knew that you would never let me down, Evelyn." the princess happily commented.

I softened my gaze and opted for a pleasant smile. But inside, I felt betrayed.

The next day, I left the kingdom in secrecy.