𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 - 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐱 𝐠

"𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔"

✯✯✯✯✯

I remember that night quite vividly. It was prom night, and I had been eagerly waiting for it for weeks. I was hoping it would be the most memorable night of my life. I had put in a lot of effort to make it perfect. I had spent hours picking out the perfect dress, getting my hair and nails done, and even picking out a matching pair of shoes. I had high hopes for the night and was excited to go with Jared, the captain of the football team, who had finally agreed to go with me.

As I approached the school, I could see that the atmosphere was electric. The red carpet was rolled out, and the students were all dressed up, laughing and posing for pictures. As I walked into the hall, the decorations took my breath away. The room was decorated with blue and silver balloons, and the lights were dimmed, casting a romantic glow over everything.

However, as the night progressed, my dreams were shattered. Jared had stood me up, and I was left feeling embarrassed and humiliated. I felt foolish for believing that someone like him could ever be interested in someone like me. I was always the weird kid, the outcast, and a jock like Jared would never go to prom with me. It felt like a cruel reminder of my loneliness, especially as I had spent $500 on my dress. I stubbed out my cigarette and wiped the mascara from my eyes, trying to hold back the tears.

As I was about to stand up, I noticed a boy from my music class, Johnnie, sitting on the curb next to me. He was a super-talented guitarist, but I didn't know him very well. He looked upset, and I could hear him crying softly. I sat back down and shuffled close to him to hear him better. I put my arm on his knee and asked, "Hey...you okay?" This just made him cry even harder.

Trying to lighten the mood, I said, "If it makes you feel any better, my date stood me up too." This seemed to make him laugh, and he lifted his head.

"I don't know why I'm upset, Heather would never go to prom with me," he smiled sadly.

For some reason, I felt like I could open up to him, so I told him about how Jared stood me up and how I spent $500 on my dress. We laughed at our silly antics together as the night went on, and somehow, it made everything feel better.

As we sat there, I realized that maybe prom wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It was just a silly dance that we put too much pressure on. Maybe the real memories were the ones we made with the people we least expected.

"You wanna go back inside... together?" I suggested, making his face light up like a child on Christmas. He nodded, and we stood up, entwined hands, and walked back inside.

When we stepped back into the hall, I saw Jared and Heather dancing together. It was obvious that they had planned this, and I felt betrayed. I gave them both a dirty look as Johnnie and I began dancing together. I felt so grateful to have met him that night. He had made my prom experience better, and I knew we would be friends.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to vote<3